Topic: Thoughts on this trade

Okay...is this a good deal for me or not?

I give:  Dallas Clark (the lynchpin in the deal), Dwayne Bowe and Vince Young....

I get back:  Eli Manning, Anquan Boldin (or Deion Branch) and Donald Lee...

The rest of my roster is listed below.....I need a quarterback, as you may note...he's overloaded with recievers (also has Marsall and Housh)...it's a huge hit on the TE front, but is that as important as getting someone to start instead of V-10 or Campbell?

Any thoughts?

"I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."

Thumbs up

Re: Thoughts on this trade

Eli is an upgrade from Young, but I would not have high expectations.  NYG will be running the ball a lot with Jacobs back.  I like Boldin if he is healthy.  AZ has a good schedule and will do well with Warner passing.  I think Lee will have some good games while Franks is out. 

I think it is a fair deal with Boldin...I'm not too high on Branch though.

Q: Luck, Eli, Vick
RB: Lynch, T.Rich, DeAngelo, Fred Jackson, Mendenhall
WR: Roddy White, Alshon Jeffery, Bowe, Floyd                         TE: Gonzo
DEF: Denver, Cinci [10-team, non-PPR]

Thumbs up

At first I thought it was a great deal on name alone....
but as for this season:
Eli > Young
Bowe > Boldin and Branch
Clark > Lee (and every other te not named Gates)

I don't think you get the better end on this as Eli is a little bit of an upgrade but you are losing more than you gain.

QB: Eli Manning, Marc Bulger   
RB:Edge, R. Dayne, M. Morris, M. Bennett, C. Brown, C. Henry, B. Leonard, A. Stecker, D. Williams
WR:L. Evans, R. Wayne, R. White K: Kris Brown D/ST: Da Bears TE:Kellen Winslow

Thumbs up

I opted to cancel this trade....I just couldn't see Eli as being enough of an improvement over what I've got in order to lose Clark, whose won me a couple of games this year....thanks for the input.

"I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."

Thumbs up