Topic: It makes so much sense!!!

You got your Comic geek in my Fantasy Football nerd.  No you got your Fantasy football nerd in my comic geek.  Two great tastes that go great together!

Dallas Cowboys:  Progressing toward Underachievement

Thumbs up

Re: It makes so much sense!!!

Yeah, but now it looks like the comic geeks are taking over!

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

(12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 keeper) QB - Wilson, Cutler
RB - Howard (K-9th), Cook, Hunt, Martin, C Thompson, D Lewis, Bernard, C West
WR - A Brown, Parker, Decker, Ginn, Lockett, M Williams (IR)
TE - Graham K - Tavecchio DST - Steelers

Thumbs up

I agree that this is kinda weird.  I came on this forum initially to talk about whether or not I should start Thomas Jones in favor of Larry Johnson in week 3, but now I'm outed as a comic geek.  I blame Hank.  Or thank him?

The thing I thought was funny was that when HTC posted the initial comic thread a few months ago, a bunch of us flew all over that topic like it was water to a thirsty camel, which got me wondering if many people actually read comics or if it is just that fantasy football owners (esp. ones active on forums) are drawing out of some kind of common ghetto of pop culture influenced crowd in which comic geeks are more represented?

Dallas Cowboys:  Progressing toward Underachievement

Thumbs up

bigdaddyhub wrote:

The thing I thought was funny was that when HTC posted the initial comic thread a few months ago, a bunch of us flew all over that topic like it was water to a thirsty camel, which got me wondering if many people actually read comics or if it is just that fantasy football owners (esp. ones active on forums) are drawing out of some kind of common ghetto of pop culture influenced crowd in which comic geeks are more represented?

wasn't fantasy football considered a thing for dorks who couldn't actually play when this all started? along the same lines as dungeons and dragons (ok not that bad)? just figure out how long you've been doing fantasy sports. its kind of the IN thing right now, but i like it because it keeps me interested in games other than the cowboys games because i have guys from all over the league on my teams, but this is my first year with it. and for what its worth, i've never liked comics. always loved the guys like superman and spiderman (he's my fav) but never got into it the way you guys seem to have.

Thumbs up

I just wanted some help and all of the sudden this happened! I was using the approach someone on the forum has to know something about this so let me take a shot in the dark and holy crap it exploded!

So my other dorky pursuits:

1. Magic The Gathering (pro tour player, or should i say pro tour loser!)
2. World of Warcraft (2 level 70's and a level 60, i am GM of a guild)
3. Video Games
4. Scarlet Witch collectibles

I am thankful because in comic books all people named hank are geniuses (Hank Pym, Hank McCoy) everywhere else Hank is a janitor, service station guy, or refrigerator repairman!

What is next a MTG thread?

Hank The Crank, PhD
Woodstock, CT
BigDaddyhub is a Skrull

yeah, i would have to go ahead and be a part of that thread there hank.

"I feel like I'm the best, but you're not going to get me to say that."

--Jerry Rice