Topic: handcuff trifecta?

During my post draft review of my team I felt happy with my late round selections. Taking a flyer on TJ Duckett now does not seem so hot though with Seattle's signing of Edge.

After looking at my roster I feel comfortable with my players and depth, except I am lacking a back up QB. I noticed I drafted two major handcuffs, Stewart and Sproles (both on my roster bench). Dropping Duckett and picking up Jerious Norwood off the waivers completes my handcuff trifecta.

This is worthless unless Turner, LT, or D. Williams gets hurt.

Do I:

A. Sit back and plan an evil plot against Cleveland Bill, happy with my roster.

B. Attempt to trade the handcuffs to the teams that have the better halves.

C. Drop them and pick up Vick, Plaxico, and Stallworth.

D. None of the Above

Here is my roster:
(10 team PPR + Return Yds)

Starters:
Aaron Rodgers
Randy Moss
V Jax
Greg Olson
MJD
Leon Wahington
Sproles

Bench:
Norwood
Reggie Bush
Stewart
Harvin
K. Walter
J.L. Higgins
Visine Sheizahoe

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan   

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG:  ArcangelsWrath

Thumbs up

Re: handcuff trifecta?

I'd put Reggie Bush in for Sproles. Why would Bush ever be on the bench in a PPR league?

Stewart and Washington have value regardless if their starters go down. Washington will be ok if he does enough returns as well.

I'd consider dropping Walter, Harvin and Higgins, since I don't think any of them are particularly going to do well this year. I'd drop one, pick up Vick, and then crack "Dawg Pound" jokes at Cleveland Bill all year. Plus, he might be useful if something happens to McNabb (like Philly finally snapping him)

I eat Rep points for breakfast.

Thumbs up

I agree with BBS RE: Bush/Sproles...unless, of course, return yards are very heavily weighted.  I don't like Stewart (who can't stay healthy), but I do like Washington in a PPR. 

I'd hold onto Walter, but I'm not a believer in Harvin, and Higgins is just plain unrosterable.  If James Davis is still out there, I'd cut Higgins for him.  I think Davis will be the Browns' primary ball carrier sooner rather than later.  What other RBs are available?

Just in case you were even half-kidding about Vick, I want no parts of him.  As Lyle pointed out on the TFFG's guest spot on The Audible, Vick wasn't that great of a fantasy option when he was a STARTING quarterback, and isn't well-suited to run Reid's offense should McNabb go down.  A.J. Feeley is a better QB.  There, I said it.  As a backup who might play 10 snaps a game if he's lucky, I don't even put Vick on my draft list. 

But, to answer your initial question, it's always worth it to put out trade feelers.  Worst case, you're where you started.  Best case, you improve your team.  Sproles is the guy most likely to net you a return that can help your squad...but if you get mega points for return yards, it may not be in your best interests to do so.

Good luck this year.

(12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 keeper) QB - Wilson, Cutler
RB - Howard (K-9th), Cook, Hunt, Martin, C Thompson, D Lewis, Bernard, C West
WR - A Brown, Parker, Decker, Ginn, Lockett, M Williams (IR)
TE - Graham K - Tavecchio DST - Steelers

Thumbs up

oh no i was completely joking on vick...i was at the saints falcons game when he threw up the bird, no love for him at all.

I was behind on the podcast and laughed on the first couple of episodes when L & K brought him up in the news segment. Wish I could have seen their faces when they found out they got Mr. Fantasy Poison

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan   

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG:  ArcangelsWrath

Thumbs up

I saw their faces...I was at the game when the news broke...;)

(12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 keeper) QB - Wilson, Cutler
RB - Howard (K-9th), Cook, Hunt, Martin, C Thompson, D Lewis, Bernard, C West
WR - A Brown, Parker, Decker, Ginn, Lockett, M Williams (IR)
TE - Graham K - Tavecchio DST - Steelers

Thumbs up