Re: Beers To Trade

perdido wrote:
Sleezyweasel wrote:

I really feel sorry for the rest of you guys.  As a resident of "Beervana" I live in the city that has more breweries than any other (over 30.)  You can't throw a stone around here with out hitting a small brewery.  If anybody wants some Northwest beers... let me know.

Yeah I tell friends it wasn't until I moved to Portland that I realized beer to taste good, but it took me to move to Bavaria to understand beer can taste great.   Still after saying that I miss the  Black Buttes and the Panty Dropper.

But sharing a border with Belgium is simply epic. I wish I had spent more time over there back when i lived in Germany. I didn't really find full appreciation for Lambic, Gueuze and Quadrupel beer until several years later... what a shame.

The German ale and lager tradition is nothing short of amazing though. I'm constantly on the prowl for a good Dunkelweizen, Berliner Weissbier and Doppelbock. Not always an easy task once you get past the typical imports.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Baltimore Mike wrote:

I put the Flying Dog IPA above all other IPAs that I've had.

Oh, man...I love Flying Dog...but over DFH 90 minute (aka "nectar of the Gods")?  That's a bold statement! wink

(12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 keeper) QB - Wilson, Cutler
RB - Howard (K-9th), Cook, Hunt, Martin, C Thompson, D Lewis, Bernard, C West
WR - A Brown, Parker, Decker, Ginn, Lockett, M Williams (IR)
TE - Graham K - Tavecchio DST - Steelers

Thumbs up

Can anyone get me one of these?

Firestone Walker Succuba

I can deal a 120 that's been aged for over a year, or I can get my hands on some other great east coast stuff. Let me know. I'd really like to get one.

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

I'll be at the brewery in April...I'll check for it

"...Meanwhile, have another beer...what would we do without all these jerks anyway, besides, all our friends are here..."

Thumbs up

Duarte Mike wrote:

I'll be at the brewery in April...I'll check for it

Any Luck? I'd really like to get some. And even if you can't send me any were you able to get some for yourself?

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

not yet.
Today I went by a reliable local source but my man Stan wasn't there...He usually holds the rare good stuff like Pliny the Elder in the back.  I'll be checking back with him.  Otherwise I'll be in Buellton in early  April (The Tap Room), I'll be looking for it there.
If I find it, I will try to get you one or two.

"...Meanwhile, have another beer...what would we do without all these jerks anyway, besides, all our friends are here..."

Thumbs up +1

Baltimore Mike wrote:

Can anyone get me one of these?

Firestone Walker Succuba

I can deal a 120 that's been aged for over a year, or I can get my hands on some other great east coast stuff. Let me know. I'd really like to get one.

Mmm...I love Abacus. Probably the best English Barleywine I've had. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I'm at my favorite bottle shop.

Duarte Mike wrote:

Otherwise I'll be in Buellton in early  April (The Tap Room), I'll be looking for it there.

Probably be gone by then. They only do a limited run in February so I'm thinking April will be too late. But good luck

-Joe Theismann

Baltimore Mike wrote:
Duarte Mike wrote:

Otherwise I'll be in Buellton in early  April (The Tap Room), I'll be looking for it there.

Probably be gone by then. They only do a limited run in February so I'm thinking April will be too late. But good luck

Check your PM

Thumbs up

Baltimore Mike wrote:
Duarte Mike wrote:

Just dropped by my favorite local bottle shop, they have multiple cases of §ucaba (Abacus) on hand. I might be stocking up next time I stop in.

Last edited by elliot23 (2013-03-23 22:52:24)

elliot23 wrote:
Baltimore Mike wrote:
Duarte Mike wrote:

Just dropped by my favorite local bottle shop, they have multiple cases of §ucaba (Abacus) on hand. I might be stocking up next time I stop in.

Just got one from Duarte Mike, but I wouldn't mind trading for another. If you still have my email, drop me a line there or PM me here. I'd be up for a trade.

-Joe Theismann

Several Odell beers have shown up in my area lately. If any of your east-coasters want to try an Odell Deconstruction or Woodcut #6, let me know, I can help you out. I've also spotted some of their 4-pack beers: Myrcenary and Lugene Chocolate Milk Stout.

You had me at Helu.  Helu Who?

Thumbs up

Is this still active?  I have access to Bay area beers, plus a few specialty stores in the area - looking for suggestions on east coast beers.

Thumbs up