Topic: Lions, Broncos, Eagles 3-way

So the Lions gave the Eagles Ernie Sims, the Eagles gave the Broncos a 5th rounder, and the Broncos gave the Lions Tony Scheffler and a 7th rounder.  Seems like the only winner in this is the Eagles? 

Come on Lions, you couldn't do better than this?  With the wonderful trade you made with Dallas with Roy Williams as the benchmark, the Lions screwed up on this one.

10 team $ NON-PPR Keeper 1QB,2RB,2WR,1 FX,1TE,1K,1DST QB-Vick,Flacco;RB-Gore,Bradshaw,Charles,Mathews;WR-R.White,Fitz,Maclin,Wallace,S.Johnson,Bryant;TE-Keller, Gonzo;K-?;DST-PIT

10 team $ PPR 2QB,2RB,3WR,1FX,1TE,1K,1DST QB-Ben,Flacco,Hill,Campbell, Gradkowski; RB-AP, Foster,Hillis,Best,Ward; WR-White,Jennings,Maclin,Wallace; TE-Z.Miller,Shiancoe; K-?, DST-PIT

Thumbs up

Re: Lions, Broncos, Eagles 3-way

The Eagles gave up the 7th rounder to the Lions not the Broncos.

Ernie Sims is a nice player but isnt great with the on-field discipline and has had trouble learning defensive schemes. He was regularly getting replaced last year by our rookie LB, DeAndre Levy.

I like Scheffler. He's a solid #2 TE and a nice compliment to Pettigrew. He'll fill the void left by Fitzsimmons retirement.  He's also a Michigan boy.

You asked for a hero. You didn't say anything about sanity.

I agree that sims was not the greatest player, but to his defense he had to learn 2 or 3 different schemes during his time with the Lions, which obviously didn't help him.  I am just hoping they are planning another move, because now they have another void in the worst defense in the league.  Unless they a comfortable with Dizon and Follett sharing to fill the weakside this year.  I love Follett's intensity, maybe he will get a chance, but that is risky and hopefully there is a backup plan.

10 team $ NON-PPR Keeper 1QB,2RB,2WR,1 FX,1TE,1K,1DST QB-Vick,Flacco;RB-Gore,Bradshaw,Charles,Mathews;WR-R.White,Fitz,Maclin,Wallace,S.Johnson,Bryant;TE-Keller, Gonzo;K-?;DST-PIT

10 team $ PPR 2QB,2RB,3WR,1FX,1TE,1K,1DST QB-Ben,Flacco,Hill,Campbell, Gradkowski; RB-AP, Foster,Hillis,Best,Ward; WR-White,Jennings,Maclin,Wallace; TE-Z.Miller,Shiancoe; K-?, DST-PIT

Thumbs up

I wouldnt be shocked to see them sign Keith Bulluck

You asked for a hero. You didn't say anything about sanity.

BrianLion wrote:

The Eagles gave up the 7th rounder to the Lions not the Broncos.

You sure? I heard it the way drock wrote it.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

I don't think the Broncos know how to rebuild. They're doing it backwards. You KEEP your young WR's, QB and TE when you have them.

It's like something went wrong with their thinking.

Denver's new motto: We get great young talent just to give them to other teams. We're the Santa Claus of the NFL

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

If we're ranking these guys as gifts...
Jay Cutler is a Furby. Brandon Marshall is a bottle of Patron. Tony Scheffler is an ugly tie.
One is a must have item that your fickle kids will hate in a week, one is a headache you paid too much for, and one is an ugly tie that can't block.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up