Topic: No... please dear God no...

According to ESPN.com The Rams are pursuing Terrell Owens...

Chris Mortensen wrote:

One source said the Rams have gotten very aggressive in their pursuit of Owens and it's possible that Owens will sign with the Rams or Bengals within the next 48 to 72 hours.

I can think of a million reasons why I don't want this douche-nozzle on the team that I cheer for, and the fact that the Rams have a rookie QB tops the list!

I've got my fingers crossed, hoping & praying that he ends up in Cincinatti. (No offense Bengals fans)

Thumbs up

Re: No... please dear God no...

OchoCinco is tweeting like crazy that Batman (T.O.) and Robin (85) are going to take the 'Gals all the way.

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

Really? The old and busted newcomer thinks he gets to be Batman? This is fun already.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

Why does everyone have this beef with T.O.?? Yes, he's burnt all of his bridges with the NFL. Yes, he's been on the decline since his Philadelphia days. However, as much as I'd hate to love a guy who's so stuck on himself I've found mself trying to justify loving LeBron all of these years. Yes, some of these guys are jerks, yes T.O. hasn't been "the guy" but last year the only receivers Trent Edwards ever threw to were the other teams CB's.

I just can't justify hating T.O. for being a diva when it's so common in the NFL, and all professional sports these days.

"Statistics are like bikinis, what they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital" - Dr. Aaron Levenstein

Thumbs up

meathorse wrote:

Really? The old and busted newcomer thinks he gets to be Batman? This is fun already.

Actually, I think that Ochocinco is the one doing the tweeting... and since he's the one who wants to be Robin maybe he has finallycome to terms with the fact that he is never going to have another great (not just good) season without someone else to take some attention away from him.

Triton1220 wrote:

I just can't justify hating T.O. for being a diva when it's so common in the NFL, and all professional sports these days.

I don't hate T.O. because he's a diva I prefer to think of him as a YPNM (your problem, not mine) guy. As I said, the Rams have a rookie QB. So while they are trying to build his confidence to NFL levels, they can ill afford a guy who will go crazy on the sidelines berating his (sniff) quarterback (sniff) for some percived slight. Whether it was throwing the ball to another reciever, or missing a throw, or if T.O. simply dropped a catchable pass.
I believe that combining T.O. with a rookie QB is a very bad idea.

Thumbs up

Geshtahl wrote:
meathorse wrote:

Actually, I think that Ochocinco is the one doing the tweeting... and since he's the one who wants to be Robin maybe he has finallycome to terms with the fact that he is never going to have another great (not just good) season without someone else to take some attention away from him.

Oh, you're right. Minor oversight on my part. BLAST!

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

meathorse wrote:
Geshtahl wrote:
meathorse wrote:

Oh, you're right. Minor oversight on my part. BLAST!

...what a disappointment...

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

Praise the Lord.

Thumbs up

Dodged a bullet there....

The whole thing never made any sense.

So you want to bring in a guy with major character issues, put him around your team of young impressionable players, and still have virtually zero chance of making the playoffs?

"How much cheese is too much cheese? "

Thumbs up