Topic: Lyle's love of soccer

I personally like soccer also, and If I catch it on TV I am hooked. What do you guys think of it?

@ByHardy

Re: Lyle's love of soccer

http://mike100915.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/gay_soccer_12.jpg

I'm all up in your Twitters!!1!

"I don't play video games...that's cool...I get laid instead..." -Liz Loza
"It was a fine looking penis..." -MojoX

Thumbs up

way better in person. hdtv makes it watchable. would be better if they didn't dive.

Thumbs up

I'm totally impressed with the stamina it has to take to run all out for as long as they do. I think it's a game of immense skill.

But sheeznaz like this makes me dislike it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVim7rjfKOQ

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

Searched for "soccer dive" on YouTube. Good lord.
How do you fans deal with this? Denial? Acceptance?

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

meathorse wrote:

I hate it. It's sort of like having a bit of Pro Wrestling inside a real sport. It just makes me shake my head.

Lyle wrote:
meathorse wrote:

I hate it. It's sort of like having a bit of Pro Wrestling inside a real sport. It just makes me shake my head.

Should be penalized for faking it.

xlledx wrote:
Lyle wrote:
meathorse wrote:

Or at least let the game continue while they writhe on the ground if it's a blatant dive. I presume they actually draw penalties against the other team for this sort of behavior, that's why they do it, right? I blame the refs for encouraging it!

Seriously I have never seen this before. It's laughable. I could not watch a sport where this happens. Can you imagine fakes like this in the NFL? When the NFL instituted a 10-second runoff for teams when players fake injury when they don't have a time out, the acting pretty much went away. An occasional punter goes down but that's about it.

You had me at Helu.  Helu Who?

Thumbs up

7grain wrote:
xlledx wrote:
Lyle wrote:

Or at least let the game continue while they writhe on the ground if it's a blatant dive. I presume they actually draw penalties against the other team for this sort of behavior, that's why they do it, right? I blame the refs for encouraging it!

Seriously I have never seen this before. It's laughable. I could not watch a sport where this happens. Can you imagine fakes like this in the NFL? When the NFL instituted a 10-second runoff for teams when players fake injury when they don't have a time out, the acting pretty much went away. An occasional punter goes down but that's about it.

They often are penalized for doing it. It's the rules that are enforced oddly. The fact is that if you are penalized enough or make a really blatant foul, you can be ejected from the game and the team has to play a man down. Sort of like a permanent power play.

If the NFL had a rule like this, players would be diving all the time. Imagine if you could have Revis removed from a game and the defense had to play with 10 men. Patriots would be falling like it's 1770.

Gahh! History joke! lol

NFL players take dives... but only the punters. I think I know why, and it's related to why diving is so prevalent in soccer:

a) Punters, like everyone on a soccer field, have time to fall down. Normal NFL position players can't afford to intentionally take themselves out of a play. They run a greater risk of getting themselves (or their teammates) killed, or giving up a big play.

b) Kickers, like soccer players, are all Europeans, and Europeans are p@ssies.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

meathorse wrote:

Gahh! History joke! lol

NFL players take dives... but only the punters. I think I know why, and it's related to why diving is so prevalent in soccer:

a) Punters, like everyone on a soccer field, have time to fall down. Normal NFL position players can't afford to intentionally take themselves out of a play. They run a greater risk of getting themselves (or their teammates) killed, or giving up a big play.

b) Kickers, like soccer players, are all Europeans, and Europeans are p@ssies.

I hope one ever discovers my secret:  that I am actually meathorse, and I have two accounts to make my forum addiction appear less raging.