Topic: Doctor Who

So, any Who fans in here? Or am I the only one that Nerdy? I'm a relatively new Who fan. Got started with Chris Eccleston when who came back in 2005.  Favorite Doctor so far, the one I'd call "my doctor" (as every who fan has) would be David Tennant.

So.  Nerds? Anyone?

"Allons-y!"

Thumbs up

Re: Doctor Who

Guilty...

Yeah I'm all caught up through David Tennant... I finished the "Complete Specials" DVDs and The Matt Smith stuff is next. Tennant is a great doctor, and when I go back and watch Tom Baker now on Youtube, who I grew up with and really liked... I wonder what appeal the old show ever held. Other than pure kitsch.

Last edited by 7grain (2011-06-23 09:57:38)

You had me at Helu.  Helu Who?

Thumbs up

Dr. Who? I feel this to be far superior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuP6KbIsNK4

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Tardis.

"I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."

Thumbs up

Agreed.  At first I was iffy on Tenant, just because I kind of felt I had the rug pulled out from under me all of a sudden with the loss of Eccleston, but, I grew to really love Tenant as the Doctor.  I've been enjoying Matt Smith quite a lot as well.  Been enjoying the new season quite a bit and also really enjoyed last season (smiths first season as the Doctor).  I think you'll enjoy Smith's Doctor 7grain.

"Allons-y!"

Thumbs up

Also, speaking of Doctor Who and you Lyle, thanks to you introducing many of us to teefury I very regularly have the chance to buy cool Doctor Who shirts.

"Allons-y!"

Thumbs up

I've been wanting to get into this show, and so a quick google search informs me the the current series (2005-current) is available on Netflix. Wish I knew that earlier. Anything I need to know?

Last edited by SmallTownGuy (2011-06-23 00:56:44)

Dananananananana BATMAN!

Thumbs up

Not really. Aside from just stick with it. The first episode is pretty....well, to be honest cheesy and silly. But, the show just continually gets better and better and before you know it you're hooked.

"Allons-y!"

Thumbs up

king kracka wrote:

Not really. Aside from just stick with it. The first episode is pretty....well, to be honest cheesy and silly. But, the show just continually gets better and better and before you know it you're hooked.

I hope so. I've been looking for the next "hooked" show since Lost. Dexter was good for a while, but it really went downhill pretty quickly.

Does the new series have anything to do with the old series? Or is it a fresh start?

Dananananananana BATMAN!

Thumbs up

Nahh I'm not gay sorry.

Bye-bye, Li'l Sebastian

I attended a Doctor Who convention when I was in the 8th grade. It was the first time I ever stayed up 24 hours. I sat in a cold room wrapped in a blanket watching old Doctor Who episodes. I met The Master

Hi. My name is Mojo. And I'm a nerd.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

My 13-year-old is a huge fan.

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

king kracka wrote:

Yeah don't sweat starting in the middle. It's designed so that you can hop straight in anywhere and get up to speed immediately. Every episode reminds you that The Doctor is the last of a dead race of Timelords with awesome power and little responsibility. He carries no weapons, but instead a "sonic screwdriver" which is the equivalent of Batman's utility belt (i.e., it does whatever you need it to do). Starting anywhere, within 3 episodes, you'll know that his nemeses are the Daleks and the Cybermen, and that he makes a career out of plucking random humans (usually) and taking them around the universe, sounding smart and cheeky. And that's pretty much it. I just saved you the effort of watching your first three episodes, please proceed directly to the 4th.

You had me at Helu.  Helu Who?

Thumbs up