Re: Who will have a better year?

You gotta say Willis hes the Vet, and he will be the fantasy stud

TFFG League 2    1 QB, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1RB,WR,TE Flex, 1 K, 1 D
QB Palmer/McNair
RB Alexander/Maroney/BarberIII/Morency/Droughnes
WR Driver/Chambers/Galloway/Hackett/Jenkins  TE Davis/McMicheal

Thumbs up

Willis is in a better position to succeed, so you have to go with him.  That said, I think the drop-off from him to Lynch in Buffalo will be marginal at most.

(12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 keeper) QB - Wilson, Cutler
RB - Howard (K-9th), Cook, Hunt, Martin, C Thompson, D Lewis, Bernard, C West
WR - A Brown, Parker, Decker, Ginn, Lockett, M Williams (IR)
TE - Graham K - Tavecchio DST - Steelers

Thumbs up

drewseabass wrote:

Willis is in a better position to succeed, so you have to go with him.  That said, I think the drop-off from him to Lynch in Buffalo will be marginal at most.

So then are you saying Lynch is a good sleeper becasue he will get so many touches

TFFG League 2    1 QB, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1RB,WR,TE Flex, 1 K, 1 D
QB Palmer/McNair
RB Alexander/Maroney/BarberIII/Morency/Droughnes
WR Driver/Chambers/Galloway/Hackett/Jenkins  TE Davis/McMicheal

Thumbs up

With his upside, sure!  But would I take him as a #1 RB?  NFW!!!  In a perfect world (depending on league size), I like him as an excellent #3 or a serviceable #2, but there is invariably at least 1 or 2 "Rookie Lovers" in every league that snatch up any rookie with a pulse and a starting gig at least a round or two too early.  As long as you don't draft like one of those guys, I have no problem with drafting Lynch as a sleeper.

Thumbs up

raiders=winners wrote:

And was it a good idea to dump Willis

I'm so glad to hear that someone else besides bills fans understands that it was a good thing to let go of Willis. Don't get me wrong, I wanted Willis to succeed as I'm a bills fan, but he only plays when he wants to. He is a cancer to a team if he isn't interested in playing. He wanted to go to a big market team with an even bigger nightlife. Baltimore? I think Ravens fans are going to be disappointed when they see his passion, or lack thereof to play.

lets go buffalo!

Thumbs up

I know Willis was not the savior that everyone in Buffalo envisioned (a la "the next Thurman Thomas") when he was drafted, but those are strong words. Willis, while potentially a bit of a "malcontent," is hardly a "cancer."  There's a big difference between the two. 

I've been guilty of this myself in the past, but as someone who's spent the past year witnessing what a "cancer" really is (my 6 year old niece is currently battling it), well...how can I say this without sounding like the vocabulary gestapo...I've come to learn that I can no longer care throw around the term "locker room cancer" so casually.

Trust me: as an Eagles fan who counts a devout Niners fan among his closest friends, I can tell you a thing or two about what a locker room "cancer" really is! wink

Thumbs up

drewseabass wrote:

Trust me: as an Eagles fan who counts a devout Niners fan among his closest friends, I can tell you a thing or two about what a locker room "cancer" really is! wink

Do you mean gator? smile

Thumbs up

lol
actually no, but gator can be my friend smile

Thumbs up

drewseabass wrote:

I know Willis was not the savior that everyone in Buffalo envisioned (a la "the next Thurman Thomas") when he was drafted, but those are strong words. Willis, while potentially a bit of a "malcontent," is hardly a "cancer."  There's a big difference between the two. 

I've been guilty of this myself in the past, but as someone who's spent the past year witnessing what a "cancer" really is (my 6 year old niece is currently battling it), well...how can I say this without sounding like the vocabulary gestapo...I've come to learn that I can no longer care throw around the term "locker room cancer" so casually.

I am sorry Drew but there is a huge difference between someone battling cancer and the term lockerroom cancer, trust me I know. While I pray for your neice to beat the cancer, I dont think it is appropriate to use her as an example to get your point across about a football player.

Everybody
Love
Everybody - Jackie Moon

Thumbs up

I hope you didnt take offence to that because that was not my intention.

Everybody
Love
Everybody - Jackie Moon

Thumbs up

It wasn't my intention to "use my niece" for anything.  Shame you took it that way, but I was just illustrating a point...and like many folks, I tend to draw from my own experiences when I do so. 

Just to be clear, the point was that the term cancer -- as applied to a person -- is used too liberally, in my opinion. 

Honestly, I'm not offended in the least by your comments.  You're free to judge others as you see fit, and I really don't care if you agree with everything I say or how I say it. 

In the grand scheme of things, as long as you understand my point, and I don't offend you personally in the process (unless I'm missing something, I didn't), that's all that matters to me.

Thumbs up

drewseabass wrote:

It wasn't my intention to "use my niece" for anything.  Shame you took it that way, but I was just illustrating a point...and like many folks, I tend to draw from my own experiences when I do so.

It may not have been your intention but you did "use your neice" while illistrating your point.   

drewseabass wrote:

Honestly, I'm not offended in the least by your comments.  You're free to judge others as you see fit, and I really don't care if you agree with everything I say or how I say it.

First of all I am not judging you. I am simply trying to say that you could have made your point without making stephenjames716 feel bad about bringing up the word cancer.

drewseabass wrote:

Just to be clear, the point was that the term cancer -- as applied to a person -- is used too liberally, in my opinion.

I understand fully what your point was. MY point was that there is a huge difference bettween the term lockerroom cancer (reffering to a disruptive person in the lockerroom), and cancer that effects millions of people each year in some form including myself and probibly more here in the forum.

Everybody
Love
Everybody - Jackie Moon

Thumbs up

This is going to be a bit off the subject, I liked this girl in High School....a long time ago big_smile and she had a brother who was "I'm an insensitive prick". I use to throw that word around all the time when someone would do something stupid I would say thats kind of "I'm an insensitive prick". It wasn't personal to me, but it was to her.
It is human nature to use examples or to feel things that are personal to them.

I think we forget to, how young some of these players are and how fast they become spoiled, and sometimes not guided into learning how to be positive leaders.

Thumbs up

Thanks Kc for drawing on past experiences to make your point...  smile 

Random, I'm absolutely floored that you as a cancer survivor would hold the views you do on the subject, but hey...to each his own.  More importantly, I hope you are well.

Thumbs up

I never meant for this thread to turn out like this. I am sorry for reacting the way I did. I guess I have way too much on my mind at the moment. Sorry Drew, now back to the subject! I think Lynch and Mcgahee will have comparable seasons this year.

Everybody
Love
Everybody - Jackie Moon

Thumbs up

That's ok...none of us are perfect.  Just ask my wife wink

Or, just ask me how Cadillac Williams panned out last year...I traded a draft pick (where I would've taken Willis McGahee) and Larry Fitzgerald for Caddy and Reggie Wayne in my keeper league at the start of last season.... sad

Now that you all have your grain of salt in hand, I'd take McGahee over Lynch this year.  I actually have McGahee as a late 1st/early 2nd rounder.  There are only a handful of backs who are going to give you similar or better production with less risk, and a change of scenery is going to be great for Willis (with the possible exception of Denver, he couldn't have landed in a better spot).  As for Lynch, I think it's going to be a tough year for Bills fans, and given that they're going to be playing from behind a lot, I don't know they're going to be able to get Marshawn anywhere near as many touches as they would like.  Lynch's saving grace is that he's a very competent receiver out of the backfield...

Thumbs up

Random_Hero wrote:

I never meant for this thread to turn out like this. I am sorry for reacting the way I did. I guess I have way too much on my mind at the moment. Sorry Drew, now back to the subject! I think Lynch and Mcgahee will have comparable seasons this year.

No worries man, I think thats one of the hardest things to do-write your thoughts down and know how they are going to come across to other people. Then you have to distinguish where is the line in which I'm being perfectly clear and they are just misunderstanding me. It's never just one sided...although some would claim that.

Thumbs up

OK, back on the original topic - Willis v. Marshawn.  Rather hastily I voted for Marshawn but I think from a numbers standpoint, it's a toss-up that depends partly on a lot of unknowns on the Buffalo side (is the O-line really better, will they actually use Marshawn in receiving situations, will they run a pseudo-RBBC with A-Train and Wright, etc.).  But I will say, word out of WNY is that the Bills offense looked vastly improved in mini-camp (yeah, yeah, I know, it's mini-camp).  Just saying that, yeah, Willis will have his days and will be a marginal #1, solid #2, but I'd say Marshawn is more like a solid #2 and has an outside shot at becoming a #1, especially in PPR leagues.

QB: J. Kitna,  M. Schaub
RB: R. Johnson, M. Lynch(R), A. Peterson(R), A. Peterson, C. Taylor
WR: A. Boldin, Cal. Johnson(R), J. Cotchery, G. Jennings, B. Johnson, S. Rice
DST: Vikings; K: R. Bironas

Looks like Willis wins

Thumbs up