Topic: Flunkons

Holy hell - we suck!
With the talent on this team, (White, Jones, Turner, Gonzales... Ryan?) NO WAY that should have happened yesterday. What the hell is going on...
Is it coaching? The o-line? The quarterback? All of the above?

Thumbs up

Re: Flunkons

The complete and total lack of any mention of ATL's defense answers your own question.

I'm all up in your Twitters!!1!

"I don't play video games...that's cool...I get laid instead..." -Liz Loza
"It was a fine looking penis..." -MojoX

Thumbs up

It has to be more than that. Even if the defense sucked, we should have scored something. Even the 2 points we got were really scored by the other team.

Thumbs up

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Ar … _fall.html

The entire punch-less offensive (in both senses of the word) effort was an indictment of the team’s disastrous decision to mortgage its future to move up the board to grab Julio Jones in the first round of the 2011 draft.

Which brings us to the elephant in the room: Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan simply can't get it done. He's consistently had trouble getting the ball down field throughout his career, and has now played poorly in three straight playoff games. It doesn't matter how many so-called "weapons" you put around. The Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law tells us that quarterbacks make wide receivers, not the other way around. And right now we have four years of evidence saying that Ryan is not good enough to make his receivers better.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

Ooof...

Thumbs up

Yeah the problem is Matt Ryan. It sucks, but I think he isn't good enough. Which sucks. I thought he was good enough.

Listening to the simmons megapodcast today, basically him and michael lombardi came to same conclusion. Matt can't throw to the outside, and it forces all the WRs to run over the middle which teams can just jam up. Also they said that Michael Turner makes the O-line look a lot better than they really are.

Thumbs up

CHFF strikes a 2nd time...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Ar … lcons.html
http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/TheDriveBy/images/content/mike-smith-4th-and-short-football-600.png

lol  lol  lol

Special added bonus: "We don't blame Phil Simms for not wanting to listen to Phil Simms"
I love pigskin detention.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up +1

I think since Mike Smith's anxiety attack he's just deemed winning to be too stressful.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do, it's usually something unusual.

Thumbs up

I think that Meat hit the nail on the head...kinda.  It's play calling more than Ryan's inability to make throws.  Of course he can throw to the outside.  He demonstrated that at the combine and every year since.  The Falcon's play calling in the playoffs is more conservative than Rush Limbaugh.  The game plan lacks any sort of creativity, and zero element of surprise.  And the OC is getting head coaching interviews?  Good luck with that.

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg