Topic: ladies and gentleman, your texas yankees!!!

As a rangers fan I was always annoyed with the yankees buying players, a rod and mark texiera are a few big names.  Now that we ate spending, its pretty damn nice being a bully.  Rumors say we are getting both yu darvish and the black babe.

10 team ppr.  2 flex spots, 3 WR otherwise standard rosters
QB: Andrew Luck, Jay Cutler  RB: Shady McCoy, Demarco Murray, Andre Ellington, Bernard Pierce Toby Gerhart, MOJO.  WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Manny Sanders,  Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Reuben Randle, Brandon Cooks. TE: Travis Kelce, Kicker: dude from the Eagles,  Def: Tampa Bay

Thumbs up

Re: ladies and gentleman, your texas yankees!!!

Yup .. it's always bigger in Texas.

So does this mean the Houston Astros will be the new Baltimore Orioles? I'm tired of the Baltimore Orioles being the Baltimore Orioles.

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

Yeah we are all tired of the orioles sucking

QB: Andrew Luck, Jay Cutler  RB: Shady McCoy, Demarco Murray, Andre Ellington, Bernard Pierce Toby Gerhart, MOJO.  WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Manny Sanders,  Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter, Reuben Randle, Brandon Cooks. TE: Travis Kelce, Kicker: dude from the Eagles,  Def: Tampa Bay

Thumbs up

My buddy is a huge orioles fan.

Thumbs up

mimartin23 wrote:

My buddy is a huge orioles fan.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h273/maddogjew/1087039-riveting_tale_chap_super.jpg

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

mimartin23 wrote:

Rumors say we are getting both yu darvish and the black babe.

I don't know how the Rangers can rationalize paying 18.5 million per year for a guy who's never pitched in the major leagues. Best of luck to 'em.

Return yds, 6pts all TDs, 3-man bench, auto-draft (FML)
QB: Brees RB: Lynch, G. Bernard, R. Hillman, J. Hill, L. Miller,
WR: Harvin, Patterson, M. Bryant, J. Gordon TE: J. Graham
D/ST: Dolphins K: ?

Thumbs up

Mongo.  I have faith if nolan Ryan has faith.  If you didn't see his face you wouldnt know hes a jap.  Chris carpenter body with Roy halladay/Tim lincecum mechanics and throws 5 +++ pitches with a few other ++ and + pitches.  He's worth the risk

Thumbs up

Well Fielder didn't land with the Rangers. He's a Tiger now.

9 years $214M I hear.

Too much again. The owners need someone to protect themselves from themselves. No one in baseball is worth that much. How much you want to bet, that by year 3 they're hating this contract? No one can ever live up to that amount of money. ARod in all his productive years hasn't in many people's eyes.

Oh well.

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

Well I can understand the Pujols move, he's so transcendant the angels will make money long after he's dead.  Why spend 200 mio when u have an all star 1st base slugger

Thumbs up

With Pujols you are pretty much going to make double that by the end of the career

Thumbs up

My point is though, it's hard to live up to that much of a contract. Right now fans are all excited that they got their pony for Christmas but once they realize that 3 years in he's not putting up triple-crown type numbers their going to be screwed. They won't be able to move him with that much money owed to him. It's just tough numbers to live up to. Not saying he won't be good, but I just don't see it, Pujols is already 32.

Fielder on the other hand is not the leader. This could very well be the Albert Belle signing for them.

-Joe Theismann

mimartin23 wrote:

Why spend 200 mio when u have an all star 1st base slugger

Because they just lost VMart for the year, and they need someone to hit behind Miggy.

This is from ESPN's "rumblings&grumblings" baseball blog last week:

• Only four other players in the whole sport matched or beat Martinez's .330/.380/.470 slash line last season. You've heard of them: Adrian Gonzalez, Ryan Braun, Michael Young and Cabrera.

• Because there are no meaningful defense or baserunning components to Martinez's game anymore, WAR only gives us a partial snapshot of him. But FanGraphs allows us to look just at his batting value. And when we do, we find his bat was worth 23.5 runs -- a figure that ranks him ahead of the likes of Adrian Beltre, Josh Hamilton, Mark Teixeira and a cast of hundreds.

• Dombrowski understands that nobody hitting in the No. 5 hole could inspire pitchers to challenge Cabrera in a big spot. But it's always helpful to have somebody who can make them pay when they don't. And Martinez had the highest batting average in baseball with runners in scoring position (.394).

• He also hit .404 (with a .440 OBP) with men on base, .571 with runners on third and two outs, .375 (with a .458 OBP) with two outs and runners in scoring position, and .500 with the bases loaded. So whatever your definition of "clutch" entails, it would be tough to argue that Martinez didn't fit it.

• And Baseball Info Solutions tells us that Martinez was the second-toughest hitter to strike out in the American League (behind Juan Pierre), had the highest BPS (Batting Average Plus Slugging) in the sport on balls out of the strike zone and was one of only three players (along with Paul Konerko and David Ortiz) to have an OPS over .900 in games serving as a DH.

So suffice it to say there's nobody hanging around the Motown Museum who is going to walk through the door and give the Tigers all that. Which means that, at some point, this team is going to have to make a move -- or, most likely, more than one move.

Mike, the Tigers will push to compete in the postseason in 2012-2016, with Miggy and Verlander in the primes. Overspending is part of that plan. Beyond that? Dunno what the plan is, but I bet they keep turning a profit.

Don't call it a comeback.

Thumbs up

ESPN reporting today that Cabrera is moving to 3B, fyi.

Don't call it a comeback.

Thumbs up