Topic: Disney to Buy Lucasfilm, Make 'Star Wars 7'

"Lucas said he will work as a creative consultant on Star Wars Episode 7, the first of a planned new trilogy of live-action Star Wars movies. It is targeted for release in 2015, Disney said."

Discuss.

Don't call it a comeback.

Thumbs up +1

Re: Disney to Buy Lucasfilm, Make 'Star Wars 7'

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/10/ … g-in-2015/

damn you beat me.  BUT youre in the wrong forum!  I win!!

Yeah, but I have the ability to merge the posts, peasant!

Thumbs up +1

How I feel right now:
http://6.mshcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/stomach-churning-gifs/mentally-disturb3d.gif

^ You like torturing people??

My 4-year-old is going as Darth Vader tomorrow... so this is all... he's gonna... and we'll have to...

Ucch.

Would they bring back Mark Hamill to play an aged version of Luke, if it's truly Episode 7? Because, he'd do it, obviously.

Is this happening?

Thumbs up

Talking Walnut wrote:

My 4-year-old is going as Darth Vader tomorrow... so this is all... he's gonna... and we'll have to...

Ucch.

Would they bring back Mark Hamill to play an aged version of Luke, if it's truly Episode 7? Because, he'd do it, obviously.

Is this happening?

I think you have to.  Hell be in an obiwan role.  Maybe even kill him off.  But you need him to pass the torch.   As for the plot.  Theres really only one that makes any sense.  Luke restarted the Jedi Order, but a sect has turned to the Dark Side.  Hell, maybe all of them except for Luke and his protege turn.

xlledx wrote:
Talking Walnut wrote:

Ucch.

Is this happening?

I think you have to.  Hell be in an obiwan role.  Maybe even kill him off.  But you need him to pass the torch.   As for the plot.  Theres really only one that makes any sense.  Luke restarted the Jedi Order, but a sect has turned to the Dark Side.  Hell, maybe all of them except for Luke and his protege turn.

I was browsing http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker to see what options would be available and saw this:

Stranded on Coruscant in 10 ABY, Skywalker began to discover strange clues in newly opened secret chambers throughout the former Imperial Palace, clues to the Emperor's power. Before he could piece together their significance, a raging Force storm appeared in the sky. The swirling vortex of dimension-altering energy consumed Skywalker, and deposited him in a cell aboard an Imperial Dungeon Ship bound for the Deep Core world of Byss. There, in an ornate citadel, Skywalker faced an enemy he had not ever expected to see again: Emperor Palpatine.[10]
Palpatine's spirit had been staving away death by using arcane Sith knowledge and Spaarti cloning technology. Palpatine would grow clone duplicates of his own body to serve as tools for his evil life force should his body die. With this technique, Palpatine had escaped death aboard the second Death Star and now called for Skywalker to kneel before him and become his servant.

Man... I'm out.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

wait i thought that the plan was to film episodes 7-9 as that tim zahn trilogy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_trilogy

i would be ok with that...those books are probably the best expanded universe stuff out there imo.

Thumbs up

ninja wrote:

wait i thought that the plan was to film episodes 7-9 as that tim zahn trilogy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_trilogy

i would be ok with that...those books are probably the best expanded universe stuff out there imo.

Fact.
I'd love seeing the Zahn books brought to the big screen.

Thumbs up

Buckingham wrote:
ninja wrote:

Fact.
I'd love seeing the Zahn books brought to the big screen.

Can't happen, everyone's too old. 

All I hope is that they don't Twilight this.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do, it's usually something unusual.

Thumbs up

The extended universe books are mostly crap, and wont be used for the movies.  Also, as Cornbread has mentioned, everyones too old.

xlledx wrote:

The extended universe books are mostly crap,

agreed. but have you read that trilogy? imo stands on its own as good sci-fi, the star wars part is just a bonus.

Thumbs up

ninja wrote:
xlledx wrote:

The extended universe books are mostly crap,

agreed. but have you read that trilogy? imo stands on its own as good sci-fi, the star wars part is just a bonus.

Yea i read it in junior high.  I liked Thrawn, and the bodyguard things, but little else.  ie cloned Emperor.

meathorse wrote:
xlledx wrote:
Talking Walnut wrote:

Ucch.

Is this happening?

I was browsing http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker to see what options would be available and saw this:

Stranded on Coruscant in 10 ABY, Skywalker began to discover strange clues in newly opened secret chambers throughout the former Imperial Palace, clues to the Emperor's power. Before he could piece together their significance, a raging Force storm appeared in the sky. The swirling vortex of dimension-altering energy consumed Skywalker, and deposited him in a cell aboard an Imperial Dungeon Ship bound for the Deep Core world of Byss. There, in an ornate citadel, Skywalker faced an enemy he had not ever expected to see again: Emperor Palpatine.[10]
Palpatine's spirit had been staving away death by using arcane Sith knowledge and Spaarti cloning technology. Palpatine would grow clone duplicates of his own body to serve as tools for his evil life force should his body die. With this technique, Palpatine had escaped death aboard the second Death Star and now called for Skywalker to kneel before him and become his servant.

Man... I'm out.

Sounds like this...

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070921214402/starwars/images/c/ce/Darkempire1.jpg

And if memory serves, it occurrs only a few years after Episode VI.

Ah yeah, and...

Toggle SpoilerSpoilerBoba Fett's still alive  roll
I'm all up in your Twitters!!1!

"I don't play video games...that's cool...I get laid instead..." -Liz Loza
"It was a fine looking penis..." -MojoX

Thumbs up

Thumbs up

If they did the Admiral Thrawn storyline from Zahn's trilogy I am all on board for this.  more likely, because of the age of the actors and Fisher and Ford's attitudes toward all things Star Wars, they will have to skip far ahead to Jedi Academy or recast the whole thing.

or, animate it all...effing Disney.

Thumbs up

In Ford's case, this deal for Lucasfilm also includes the rights to Indiana Jones, whom he seems to enjoy playing. Is there leverage there?

Fisher they should just replace with Scarlett JoJos.

Thumbs up

I think an ol Harrison Ford as an old Han Solo isnt something id want to see.

What about with an earring? That help?

Thumbs up

http://celebcenter.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/harrisonford4.jpg

Toggle SpoilerSpoilerHe looks like he's dying from it.

Thumbs up

Talking Walnut wrote:

In Ford's case, this deal for Lucasfilm also includes the rights to Indiana Jones, whom he seems to enjoy playing. Is there leverage there?

Considering he wanted Solo killed off...

Thumbs up

Many books to get story lines from. There is some potential depending on whom they choose to make the films. Wouldn't mind seeing J.J. Abrams or Christopher Nolan involved in an Episode 7.

I would like to see them do the story with the Sun Crusher or something epic like that. But bringing back old character or simply replacing them is the challenge. The Thrawn trilogy would be hard since all of the original characters are in the books.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

when I told my 12yr old - who is geeky as they come - about this, his was upset

I don't mind it given how Disney has handled Pixar and Marvel. And I really dig the Pirate movies.

What other media company can guarantee that the SW brand can live on post-Lucas?

"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... And I'm all out of bubblegum."

RIP Roddy

Thumbs up