Topic: Fleaflicker Outage

As I'm sure all members of the league have noticed by now, due to Sandy, Fleaflicker's server Banks in NYC were flooded and the site has been down since. They have a page up on Facebook and are giving status updates there as well as on Twitter. Obviously, this will affect waivers for this week. They ( Fleaflicker ) have stated that first priority is getting the site back up ... then they'll deal with how to handle the upcoming week. I have been assured by Fleaflicker staff that all League data is safely backed up through the end of Sunday Night's game at least.

Rest assured that as commish I can go in retroactively adjust rosters if the site is still down for Thursday's game.

Please check back here to this thread until the site is back up and we'll go from there. In the meantime, to be fair to everyone, I think it best we place a hold on all add/drops until Fleaflicker decides what to do about waivers. If you notice the site back up before FF figures a waiver solution, please refrain from doing any add/drops until we sort this out.

Thanks, and hope everyone affected by the storm personally faired well. I, for one, suffered no ill affects, but as I work with Monroe County's ( Rochester NY ) security Monitoring and Response Center ( including dispatching for the local Water Authority ), I have been pretty busy the past 24 hrs.  Not a lot of damage up here, but just enough problems with storm surge on Lake Ontario to keep us running. Hope everyone understands why, since I do work with Public Safety, I didn't catch on to what was up with Fleaflicker sooner.

Last edited by Dolphbucs (2012-10-31 00:53:09)

" Don Shula, .... he can take his'un and beat your'un and then he can take your'un and beat his'un " - actual quote of Bum Phillips in the 1970's

Thumbs up

Re: Fleaflicker Outage

What's it like at Charlotte Beach?

Don't call it a comeback.

Thumbs up

What Beach ?  Believe it or not, there was a significant storm surge coming down from the north onto the Beach. Don't know how much you remember but the sand/beach is pretty much washed away up to the wall separating the beach from the rest of the park.

Other than scattered Power Outages ( around 15,000 w/o power as of 3:00 PM 10/30 ), the surge was the main damage ... that and wind damage to security systems, traffic lights, etc. Funny thing is, this is all old hat to me after living in FL for 20 years ... but it freaked out people up here .. as I'm sure it did down by you.

How'd you make out ?

Last edited by Dolphbucs (2012-10-31 01:39:28)

" Don Shula, .... he can take his'un and beat your'un and then he can take your'un and beat his'un " - actual quote of Bum Phillips in the 1970's

Thumbs up

Glad I don't need anything from the waiver this week. . .

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Bummer.

Might have to have everyone submit their waiver claims to the Commish and then sort it out (rank the claims) manually.

I'm all up in your Twitters!!1!

"I don't play video games...that's cool...I get laid instead..." -Liz Loza
"It was a fine looking penis..." -MojoX

Thumbs up

Update: Fleaflicker was back up briefly via their generators early Wed AM but then the generators failed again. They are currently trying to repair the generators.

Thumbs up

Dolphbucs wrote:

Believe it or not, there was a significant storm surge coming down from the north onto the Beach. Don't know how much you remember but the sand/beach is pretty much washed away up to the wall separating the beach from the rest of the park.

Oh I believe it, I had my eye on the forecast all along. I spend a lot of time up there each year, and I have a friend on Lake Ave, about five minutes from the carousel on foot. I assume his place was beat up pretty bad, having trouble reaching him. (His cable phone/internet is out.)

Don't call it a comeback.

Thumbs up

Talking Walnut wrote:
Dolphbucs wrote:

Believe it or not, there was a significant storm surge coming down from the north onto the Beach. Don't know how much you remember but the sand/beach is pretty much washed away up to the wall separating the beach from the rest of the park.

Oh I believe it, I had my eye on the forecast all along. I spend a lot of time up there each year, and I have a friend on Lake Ave, about five minutes from the carousel on foot. I assume his place was beat up pretty bad, having trouble reaching him. (His cable phone/internet is out.)

Talking Walnut wrote:
Dolphbucs wrote:

His house should be OK, probably just lost most of his backyard if he is right on the shore. Still some people w/o power on Lake Ave he must be one of them

Thumbs up

Update: as of about 1:30 PM Wed, replacement parts just arrived for the generator ... Fleaflicker should be up soon.

Thumbs up

Everything should be up and running now. Check your e-mail for an important message.

Thumbs up