Topic: Lions trade Cory Redding to Seattle for Julian Peterson

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/20 … _to_s.html

The Detroit Lions have confirmed that they've traded Cory Redding and a fifth-round draft pick to the Seattle Seahawks for five-time Pro Bowl linebacker Julian Peterson.

The deal, which is contingent on both players passing physicals, was confirmed by Lions spokesman Bill Keenist.

You asked for a hero. You didn't say anything about sanity.

Re: Lions trade Cory Redding to Seattle for Julian Peterson

I read in a news story that corey redding would only count 5.38 million against the cap, while trading him inflates hi cap number to 7.33 against the Lions total cap.  So to reach the salery ca floor of 111 million dollars, the lions just spent 2 million more by trading redding, and they accept the salary of Peterson.

Thumbs up

This is a nice signing as well.  I like what the Lion's are doing. Going for decent, middle guys who they aren't on the hook for a ton of money, who have experience and talent, and who can teach our new crop of rookies coming in this year.  Now get Curry!  That would be Curry, Peterson, and Sims.  Awesome!

As a side note, J Peterson was at MSU the same years as me.  For my college job I worked for the apartment complex he lived in.  Someone, I believe it was him, had a minor argument and put their fist through the window.  And who fixed his window?  I did.  I'll also add that he was really cool about it and really polite.  Something lacking from all the other football players.

Thumbs up

kilgoretrout wrote:

As a side note, J Peterson was at MSU the same years as me.  For my college job I worked for the apartment complex he lived in.  Someone, I believe it was him, had a minor argument and put their fist through the window.  And who fixed his window?  I did.  I'll also add that he was really cool about it and really polite.  Something lacking from all the other football players.

This is a pretty random story but an interesting one.  Cedar Village?  I'm not sure what other major apt complexes were there that time, I was there the next 4 years.  Go Green.

Thumbs up

yeafrenchy wrote:
kilgoretrout wrote:

This is a pretty random story but an interesting one.  Cedar Village?  I'm not sure what other major apt complexes were there that time, I was there the next 4 years.  Go Green.

Nope.  He lived over in University Village.  MSU has 4 housing complexes they own (or owned, when I graduated they were thinking of selling some of them): Spartan Village, Cherry Lane, University Village, and Faculty.  You probably recognize Spartan Village, Cherry Lane, and Faculty.  Spartan Village was down off of Harrison, south of Trowbridge, the nasty green or bricked buildings.  Cherry Lane and Faculty were right by Breslin.  They were all the bricked units right on the main campus, on Harrison, just north of the tracks.  University Village was west of Brody, set back a little, so not many people even knew about.  All were intended for married students or international grad students.  But if they weren't filled, underclassmen could rent them.  Football and basketball players also got placed their because they get special treatment. 

I got all sorts of crazy stories.  Like the two football players who thought they would get drafted and just packed up some gear and left to an NFL team workout without telling anyone.  They left stuff in the sink and since it was a downstairs unit, it flooded without anyone knowing for over 2 months in the summer.  NASTY!!!  They had left stereos, tv's, tons of football cleats, everything but clothes.  All were ruined as well as all the apartments walls, counters, etc.  They were charged for all the damage.  And they never got drafted.  Dummies.

Go White!

Thumbs up