Topic: No longer a Lions Fan!!!!

Well lets see, the lions had the worst defense last year. So they draft 4 defensive players in the draft and 6 offensive players. In the ff season they get M. Morris Rb, B. Johnson Wr, and picked up R. Curry another widw receiver. Whats going on in that organization I now declare my self a packers fan.....

"TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOT TO BEAT THE MAN,WOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Thumbs up

Re: No longer a Lions Fan!!!!

I'm not going to fall for your threats of leaving cause Lions fans always come back.  That said maybe a good offense will move the ball, take time off the clock, and give our defense a rest.  And don't forget we signed Grady, Peterson, Henry, and Buchanon.  Plus we'll probably get some depth when cuts start happening after mini camps.

Thumbs up

If you didn't leave after 0-16 you're not going to leave after the draft.

Patrick Willis puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter"

You cannot 'andle m-eye uh riddum

Thumbs up

All signs are pointing toward my Steelers releasing Larry Foote and he wants to go back home to play for Detroit. He's no spring chiken, but he'll help you guys for a couple of years.

10 Team PPR Keeper(5) League QB: Drew Brees–Kyle Orton
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew–Ray Rice–Javid Best-Ahmad Bradshaw-Fred Jackson
WR: Andre Johnson–Larry Fitzgerald–Hakeem Nicks-Jabar Gaffney-Dexter McCluster-Jason Witten
IDP:Jon Beason-Lawrence Timmons-DeMeco Ryans DEF:NY Jets

Thumbs up

Bigisland31 wrote:

All signs are pointing toward my Steelers releasing Larry Foote and he wants to go back home to play for Detroit. He's no spring chiken, but he'll help you guys for a couple of years.

Can he play football?? Yeah, he would help.

Patrick Willis puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter"

You cannot 'andle m-eye uh riddum

Thumbs up

The truth is you can improve the Lions defense without the benefit of Free Agency or the Draft.  All you had to do was put out a sign that says, "Help Wanted" and you can go.

Dallas Cowboys:  Progressing toward Underachievement

Thumbs up

If you "resign" your fandom just because you don't agree with the FO's off-season moves, I have to question the depth of your commitment to begin with.  Stick in there, man...there's no place to go but up.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
– Benjamin Franklin

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

there's no place to go but up.

... unless they expand to an 18 game season.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

Looks like we're getting Kevin Carter now as well.  Aging veteran, but started every game over the last 14 years.  If we get Foote, that will add some seriously crafty, productive veterans to our D. 

Maybe Mayhew has a plan after all?

Thumbs up

Morningwood wrote:

Well lets see, the lions had the worst defense last year. So they draft 4 defensive players in the draft and 6 offensive players. In the ff season they get M. Morris Rb, B. Johnson Wr, and picked up R. Curry another widw receiver. Whats going on in that organization I now declare my self a packers fan.....

I think you'd enjoy this website more then....

http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlfforum/

They all resign their fandom over there on a daily basis, but yet there they are the very same day posting again.

I've grown frustrated with this team over the past 34 years but man if last season didnt kill your fandom nothing will. If you still called yourself a Lion fan after last December then you're one for life. Besides, the draft wasnt that bad. We had holes everywhere and were able to draft 3 of the best palyers at their respective positions. Would you have rather had a Millen draft where everyone loves it in April and then the following November we think its horrible?

You asked for a hero. You didn't say anything about sanity.

I've grown frustrated with this team over the past 34 years

That's an incredibly depressing statements, joke or not. It's helped me come to the conclusion that Morningwood should run far, far away and never look back. You Lions fans all sound like battered housewives.

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

meathorse wrote:

I've grown frustrated with this team over the past 34 years

That's an incredibly depressing statements, joke or not. It's helped me come to the conclusion that Morningwood should run far, far away and never look back. You Lions fans all sound like battered housewives.

Oh, it's definitely a domestic violence situation every Sunday.  You got that right.

Thumbs up

The most important thing is effort.  If the Lions are trying then they deserve their fans support.