Topic: My 2011 Jets Outlook

Defense:
Wilson gets a real chance - he has also been Revis' shadow all through the offseason.
Leonhard is healthy
Westerman will finally get a chance (this guy could rack up 10+ sacks)
Strickland is an upgrade over Coleman (guy just needs to stay healthy)
Oh yeah, Revis, Cro, Pace, Bart, Harris... all healthy, all beasts.

Offense:
Greene will play a more prominent role
Sanchez has another year of experience under his belt
Losing Woody is big, but Turner stepped up admirably last year and I am expecting the same this year.
Connor is starting... T-Rich had a fantastic career, but in all honesty he only really offered leadership last season... He still might have had something left in the tank of course but I am expecting Connor to be an upgrade.
If Plax turns out to be 75% of what he was before, he will be solid. His game is catching balls at the high point, not running after the catch. He will do what the Jets expect and more.

Uncertainties:
Depth at Safety
Depth at DT
Moore injured and Slauson/Ducasse as the depth

Schedule:
DAL, JAC, @OAK, @BAL, @NE, MIA, SD, @BUF, NE, @DEN, BUF, @WAS, KC, @PHI, NYG, @MIA

I think 12 wins.

Last edited by Ed Hochuli's Biceps (2011-08-02 19:44:16)

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theismann

Thumbs up

Re: My 2011 Jets Outlook

Ed Hochuli's Biceps wrote:

If Plax turns out to be 75% of what he was before, he will be solid. His game is catching balls at the high point, not running after the catch. He will do what the Jets expect and more.

The Jets attempted 12 field goals of 29 yards or less last year -- from the 12-yard-line or closer, basically. They need Plax to turn some of those red zone trips into touchdowns, is all.

Don't call it a comeback.

Thumbs up

Re: My 2011 Jets Outlook

Talking Walnut wrote:
Ed Hochuli's Biceps wrote:

The Jets attempted 12 field goals of 29 yards or less last year -- from the 12-yard-line or closer, basically. They need Plax to turn some of those red zone trips into touchdowns, is all.

Absolutely, especially since Nick Folk is... well... Nick Folk.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theismann

Thumbs up