Topic: Austin or Desean

Which is better, from a football standpoint.
Miles Austin
or Desean Jackson.
And Why?

@ByHardy

Re: Austin or Desean

Honestly, Austin. With Romo passing him the ball, he'll look more his 2009 role rather than his 2010 role. DeSean Jackson is the big play threat on his team and while he's likely to net you more points in leagues where they give you extra points for long receptions and touchdowns, he's spotty and doesn't get a consistent amount of touches.

"Austin Miles" will likely see touches more regularly, and be a more consistent starter. Both are low end WR1's high end WR2's.

"Statistics are like bikinis, what they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital" - Dr. Aaron Levenstein

Thumbs up

Miles is better.  Now check your inbox Hardy.

Bye-bye, Li'l Sebastian

hardy0109 wrote:

from a football standpoint.

From a football standpoint, I would rather have DJax.  The big play potential is always there, and his speed really stretches the field, which plays perfectly into Vick's style of play.  The possession game doesn't work well for him, but his presence helps the rest of his offense by drawing coverage and stretching the field.

That being said, I would rather have Austin in a fantasy league, as he still has some big play potential, and he is much more consistent.

Team 1 (PPR):  QB: Rivers, Goff  RB: Bell, Ingram, Woodhead, Johnson  WR: Evans, Thielen, Allen, Tate, Shepard, Davis  TE: Gronk, Brate  K: Lutz
Team 2 (Standard):  QB: Wentz, Prescott  RB: Freeman, Hyde, Miller, Lewis, L. Murray  WR: Cooks, Crabtree, Landry, Funchess  TE: Olsen, Walker  K: Butker

Thumbs up

I have a feeling that Austin will be undervalued in many drafts this year.

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theismann

Thumbs up