Topic: Panthers field paint

Just moved down to Chapel Hill so I'm watching Panthers games regularly for the first time. I, for some reason, noticed that the paint in the middle of the field is not the teams panther logo like I would assume, but the big NFL shield logo. I thought this was strange, don't most teams put their team logo there?

Carry on...

Thumbs up +1

Re: Panthers field paint

NFL logo is at midfield due to owner Jerry Richardson's wishes. He wants everyone to know he is a "League First" guy. He believes his team comes after the NFL

Thumbs up +1

burrito! wrote:

NFL logo is at midfield due to owner Jerry Richardson's wishes. He wants everyone to know he is a "League First" guy. He believes his team comes after the NFL

When a man puts his country ahead of his family, he's a patriot or a hero. This paint job is like tying a yellow ribbon around a tree, right?

Last edited by meathorse (2011-08-16 08:25:56)

Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

Thumbs up

It would appear so...even more so after the lockout mess.

Thumbs up

Quite honestly, I'm surprised the NFL doesn't dictate that ALL fields have the NFL shield on the 50 for the sake of uniformity.

" Don Shula, .... he can take his'un and beat your'un and then he can take your'un and beat his'un " - actual quote of Bum Phillips in the 1970's

Thumbs up +1