Topic: Favorite Sport - I wanna blow my brains out like Curt Cobain

What is it that I'm rocking to right now?  Why, it just happens to be a clean rockin' mp3 of Favorite Sport...complete with the 4 second silent lead-in that Lyle is so fond of.

Holy Shiznazzle, MojoX, how'd you get that? 

Well.....mainly by ignoring the work I was supposed to be doing yesterday at the office and doing a little research.

In short - for those who are interested - Blair Darby produced the song (and performed/wrote) the tune along with Rick Chestler, currently of Giant Squid.

Want the song yourself?  Well, I can't send it to you. Or, at least I can't say that I will. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I lucked out and managed to contact Blair Darby directly, who offered to send it to me. 

At the very least...go to http://www.loveastruth.com  and check out Blair Darby's current project.  You can find his contact information there.  If you ask him real nice, he just may share a copy of Favorite Sport with you.

....in the meantime....I'm rockin' me some Favorite Sport. I rule.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

Re: Favorite Sport - I wanna blow my brains out like Curt Cobain

Pretty sure the song is free.  Kevin did a search for free songs to use and "Favorite Sport" caught his eye.

xlledx wrote:

Pretty sure the song is free.  Kevin did a search for free songs to use and "Favorite Sport" caught his eye.

Incorrect, sir. They paid for it. Over a hundy, if memory serves.

MojoX wrote:
xlledx wrote:

Incorrect, sir. They paid for it. Over a hundy, if memory serves.

I thought they said $50 yesterday?  Anyways, the point is that it did cost something and xlledx is wrong...

Bye-bye, Li'l Sebastian

Ah, I remember a few years ago Kev saying it was royalty-free.  I just figured royalty-free meant "free", but as we all know, nothing is truelly free.

xlledx wrote:

but as we all know, nothing is truelly free.

Obviously spelling lessons are somewhat costly...

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

xlledx wrote:

Ah, I remember a few years ago Kev saying it was royalty-free.  I just figured royalty-free meant "free", but as we all know, nothing is truelly free.

Right - they don't have to pay every time they use it.

I found Favorite Sport here at Stockmusic.net some time ago. I always assumed they bought it there. It's $40 for a royalty-free license.

If that link doesn't work, search at Stockmusic.net for "L017". That's the catalog number.

You had me at Helu.  Helu Who?

Thumbs up

I think I get enough of that song with the 8 seconds that I hear once a week.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do, it's usually something unusual.

Thumbs up

Corn Bread wrote:

I think I get enough of that song with the 8 seconds that I hear once a week.

It really is best with Lyle going "eent, eennt, eent-eent, e-eent-eent-eent" over the intro.

Thumbs up

Without a doubt, the song is better with some Kevin and Lyle thrown in. And some babes.

Have you been collecting wives/gf picks from the forum? Seriously?

Thumbs up

7grain wrote:

LOL...no no no. I just put together a couple of forum wrap-ups a couple years ago. No need to collect them when they're all out there for the viewing.

The Reverend MojoX wrote:
7grain wrote:

LOL...no no no. I just put together a couple of forum wrap-ups a couple years ago. No need to collect them when they're all out there for the viewing.

I just saw this ... lol, nice work mojo

10 Team Standard  : 1QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex QB: Watson RB: Zeke, Kamara, Henry, Ingram, Penny, A Jones  WR: Hopkinds, Robinson, Anderson, Woods, Hurns  TE: Njogu

Thumbs up