Topic: Favorite Sport - I wanna blow my brains out like Curt Cobain

What is it that I'm rocking to right now?  Why, it just happens to be a clean rockin' mp3 of Favorite Sport...complete with the 4 second silent lead-in that Lyle is so fond of.

Holy Shiznazzle, MojoX, how'd you get that? 

Well.....mainly by ignoring the work I was supposed to be doing yesterday at the office and doing a little research.

In short - for those who are interested - Blair Darby produced the song (and performed/wrote) the tune along with Rick Chestler, currently of Giant Squid.

Want the song yourself?  Well, I can't send it to you. Or, at least I can't say that I will. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. I lucked out and managed to contact Blair Darby directly, who offered to send it to me. 

At the very least...go to http://www.loveastruth.com  and check out Blair Darby's current project.  You can find his contact information there.  If you ask him real nice, he just may share a copy of Favorite Sport with you.

....in the meantime....I'm rockin' me some Favorite Sport. I rule.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

Re: Favorite Sport - I wanna blow my brains out like Curt Cobain

Pretty sure the song is free.  Kevin did a search for free songs to use and "Favorite Sport" caught his eye.

xlledx wrote:

Pretty sure the song is free.  Kevin did a search for free songs to use and "Favorite Sport" caught his eye.

Incorrect, sir. They paid for it. Over a hundy, if memory serves.

MojoX wrote:
xlledx wrote:

Incorrect, sir. They paid for it. Over a hundy, if memory serves.

I thought they said $50 yesterday?  Anyways, the point is that it did cost something and xlledx is wrong...

Bye-bye, Li'l Sebastian

Ah, I remember a few years ago Kev saying it was royalty-free.  I just figured royalty-free meant "free", but as we all know, nothing is truelly free.

xlledx wrote:

but as we all know, nothing is truelly free.

Obviously spelling lessons are somewhat costly...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
– Benjamin Franklin

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

xlledx wrote:

Ah, I remember a few years ago Kev saying it was royalty-free.  I just figured royalty-free meant "free", but as we all know, nothing is truelly free.

Right - they don't have to pay every time they use it.

I found Favorite Sport here at Stockmusic.net some time ago. I always assumed they bought it there. It's $40 for a royalty-free license.

If that link doesn't work, search at Stockmusic.net for "L017". That's the catalog number.

You had me at Helu.  Helu Who?

Thumbs up

I think I get enough of that song with the 8 seconds that I hear once a week.

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear and when I do, it's usually something unusual.

Thumbs up

Corn Bread wrote:

I think I get enough of that song with the 8 seconds that I hear once a week.

It really is best with Lyle going "eent, eennt, eent-eent, e-eent-eent-eent" over the intro.

Thumbs up

Without a doubt, the song is better with some Kevin and Lyle thrown in. And some babes.

Have you been collecting wives/gf picks from the forum? Seriously?

Thumbs up

7grain wrote:

LOL...no no no. I just put together a couple of forum wrap-ups a couple years ago. No need to collect them when they're all out there for the viewing.

The Reverend MojoX wrote:
7grain wrote:

LOL...no no no. I just put together a couple of forum wrap-ups a couple years ago. No need to collect them when they're all out there for the viewing.

I just saw this ... lol, nice work mojo

10 Team Standard  : 1QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 Flex QB: Keenum RB: Freeman, McCoy, Zeke, A Kamara,   WR: T Hill, J Gordon, Dede Westbrook, A Cooper,  S Watkins,  TE: Olsen, James

Thumbs up