Topic: Pick up Big Ben??

Some shmuck in my league dropped Big Ben. I currently have Matt Ryan as my starter. Would you stash Ben on your bench as a backup and possible future starter? Here is who I could drop:

D. Moncrief
CJ Anderson
J. Jones
J. Thomas (drafted him late to be my TE once back from injury)
A. Abdullah

Thanks

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Re: Pick up Big Ben??

Nah.  Abdullah would be closest to drop for me.

Thumbs up

I was thinking Moncief if anyone on the list. Colts have been brutal and TY is coming back

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

If you do it, I'd say Julius Thomas. I'm not a fan of stashing an entire roster of injured players and of these two, Big Ben has the most upside. Plus, you could package an injured Big Ben with Abdullah or Moncrief and try to improve a skill position with a trade.

Last edited by PerfectSlacker (2015-10-02 11:59:27)

PPR - QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, FLEX (RB-WR-TE), D - Our league iced the kicker
QB - Mahomes, Trubisky WR - M. Thomas, Odell, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Sutton RB - Mixon, L. Miller, D. Henry, J. Wilson, K. Dixon, Spencer Ware, Gio  TE - Brate D - Chicago

I'm assuming you don't have a 2nd QB on your team right now?

Moncrief is 14th overall WR in standard scoring in my league.  I wouldn't drop him. 

Who is starting for you at TE now?  Depending on your other TE, I'd probably be looking at at dropping Orange Julius.

Thumbs up

I agree with kettledrum. Unless you have an IR position no need to have two injured players on your team. And I'm not big on Julius ... You're gonna see a huge drop off in production now that Bortles is throwing to him and not Peyton Manning.

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann