Topic: Captain America: Civil War

First off, let me say, I've read up on the Civil War and this movie has many glaring historical inaccuracies.

har har har

I thought this movie was great in every way Age of Ultron wasn't. Had a ton of characters, but it worked. It focused on Captain vs Tony. Every side character...and there were a dozen... lived to help facilitate the central story: Captain vs Tony. Unlike AoU which seemed like it was being pulled in a million directions. (Fine maybe Spiderman was shoehorned, but he was awesome.)

The franchise is in very capable hands. (These writers are doing the next Avengers: Infinity War films)

SPOILERS
[spoilers]
I really don't get the Pro-Iron Man side. New York was attacked by aliens. How is that the Avengers' fault? The government literally wanted to NUKE NEW YORK in that movie. The Avengers fought to save it.

And the Avengers used to fall under government control. It was controlled by Shield. The organization that was literally run by NAZIS. (Captain America: Winter Soldier)

So why on Earth would the Avengers trust the MCU government? (Or the real life government for that matter...)

The movie does hint at this. The Secretary of State in this movie was General Ross from The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton (2008). I'll refresh your memory. He tried to capture the Hulk to use his blood to create an army of super soldiers for world domination and ended up created Abomination.

On the Tony Stark side, this is the guy in Iron Man 2 who basically gave Congress the finger (literally perhaps?) when they tried to control him. Then as recently as the Avengers 2 he made an evil robot hell bent on destroying the planet. But his whole argument is "Hey guys, we need to be reigned in." Yea. That'd be a little like if at the next family dinner, I told everyone, "Hey guys, we need to stop having unprotected sex with random gurls we meet online. I'm looking at you grandma."

On a side note, and Im just nitpicking, cuz you know me, I loved the movie, but I gotta complain cuz it's more entertaining when I rant. What's with the Scarlet Witch? She suddenly feels bad about a dozen people dying in an office building due to an explosion she didn't create. But, in the last movie she:

1) Teamed up with an evil Nazi hell-bent on world domination.

2) Teamed up with an evil robot hell-bent on world domination.

3) Unleashed the HULK on a CIVILIAN POPULATION.

I mean god, how'd she even get on the team? She obviously lacks proper judgment and as far as hollywood actresses goes, she's like a 5.

So where was I? Ah yes, I was 6 shots of tequila into a Monday night posting on a fantasy football board discussing a comic book movie.

Well in that case:
[/spoilers]
/END SPOILERS

Awesome movie. I'd rank the Marvel movies like this:

4 Stars:
Avengers
Winter Soldier

3 Stars:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
Captain America 1
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man

2 Stars:
Iron Man 2
Thor 2
Thor 1
Incredible Hulk

Last edited by xlledx (2016-05-09 23:43:11)

Thumbs up +1

Re: Captain America: Civil War

xlledx wrote:

First off, let me say, I've read up on the Civil War and this movie has many glaring historical inaccuracies.

har har har

I thought this movie was great in every way Age of Ultron wasn't. Had a ton of characters, but it worked. It focused on Captain vs Tony. Every side character...and there were a dozen... lived to help facilitate the central story: Captain vs Tony. Unlike AoU which seemed like it was being pulled in a million directions. (Fine maybe Spiderman was shoehorned, but he was awesome.)

The franchise is in very capable hands. (These writers are doing the next Avengers: Infinity War films)

SPOILERS
[spoilers]
I really don't get the Pro-Iron Man side. New York was attacked by aliens. How is that the Avengers' fault? The government literally wanted to NUKE NEW YORK in that movie. The Avengers fought to save it.

And the Avengers used to fall under government control. It was controlled by Shield. The organization that was literally run by NAZIS. (Captain America: Winter Soldier)

So why on Earth would the Avengers trust the MCU government? (Or the real life government for that matter...)

The movie does hint at this. The Secretary of State in this movie was General Ross from The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton (2008). I'll refresh your memory. He tried to capture the Hulk to use his blood to create an army of super soldiers for world domination and ended up created Abomination.

On the Tony Stark side, this is the guy in Iron Man 2 who basically gave Congress the finger (literally perhaps?) when they tried to control him. Then as recently as the Avengers 2 he made an evil robot hell bent on destroying the planet. But his whole argument is "Hey guys, we need to be reigned in." Yea. That'd be a little like if at the next family dinner, I told everyone, "Hey guys, we need to stop having unprotected sex with random gurls we meet online. I'm looking at you grandma."

On a side note, and Im just nitpicking, cuz you know me, I loved the movie, but I gotta complain cuz it's more entertaining when I rant. What's with the Scarlet Witch? She suddenly feels bad about a dozen people dying in an office building due to an explosion she didn't create. But, in the last movie she:

1) Teamed up with an evil Nazi hell-bent on world domination.

2) Teamed up with an evil robot hell-bent on world domination.

3) Unleashed the HULK on a CIVILIAN POPULATION.

I mean god, how'd she even get on the team? She obviously lacks proper judgment and as far as hollywood actresses goes, she's like a 5.

So where was I? Ah yes, I was 6 shots of tequila into a Monday night posting on a fantasy football board discussing a comic book movie.

Well in that case:
[/spoilers]
/END SPOILERS

Awesome movie. I'd rank the Marvel movies like this:

4 Stars:
Avengers
Winter Soldier

3 Stars:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron Man
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers 2: Age of Ultron