Topic: Weigh in: Who is this year's Devonta Freeman?

Who should outperform their current ADPs if the ball bounces their way, as it did for Freeman when Coleman went down with an injury last year? I'll start with the NFC East. Comment away, and weigh in on *your* favorite team's division!

NFC EAST

Matt Jones WAS. Cousins was impressive last year and has some weapons to work with, so he is a late mid-round QB target for many this season. Jones is a powerful runner who'll keep defenses honest, and looks to receive the bulk of carries in the offense. Don't be surprised to see him finish in the top 10-15 in carries. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end the season as a top 20 back, which means he offers RB2 production in a RB3 draft slot. Sure, Thompson and the rookie Marshall will offer up some competition, but chances of them picking up the offense and pass protection schemes before Jones entrenches himself as the backfield boss are slim. A strong case can be made to argue that Jones' value in standard leagues is greater than that of PPR beast Duke Johnson, who is consistently being drafted higher.

Deep sleepers: Wendell Smallwood PHI, Alfred Morris DAL. Smallwood has a ways to go, but if all goes well, could reprise the Westbrook role in this Andy Reid 2.0 offense. Lots of upside there. Meanwhile, fantasy success starts with opportunity. Therefore, if Zeke Elliot gets hurt, or encounters problems in pass protection, expect Morris to see a heavier load than expected behind the league's best offensive line. After all, we've all been burned by Darren McFadden a few times too many.

Last edited by drewseabass (2016-08-07 08:05:24)

Still searching for the "I drafted Lacy in the 1st in 2015" Support Group

Thumbs up

Re: Weigh in: Who is this year's Devonta Freeman?

Don't be shy...share your take on this division or any other!

UPDATE: Eagles trade for Dorial Green-Beckham, who has work to do, but a Pro Bowl ceiling. They give up Dennis Kelly, who is a reserve offensive lineman at best, and a spare part that can replaced (or upgraded) by signing someone who's been cut by another team. GREAT move. Add Green-Beckham to your sleeper list. He had the deck stacked against him in a TEN ball control offense run by a rookie last year, but has the opportunity to become the Eagles' #1 WR by the end of the year. Give Jordan Matthews and Zach Ertz a slight bump in your rankings. Meanwhile, Ruben Randle should either start picking up his game, or get busy packing his bags.

Still searching for the "I drafted Lacy in the 1st in 2015" Support Group

Thumbs up

I'm keeping a close eye on Mike Thomas in NO. As for RBs, Derrick Henry in TEN is compelling. Word is, he's amazing, and we all know how durable Murray is.

I really like Devin Funchess for WR he is big and could get a lot of red zone looks.  Christine Micheal played well at the end of last season and has had a really good camp so far this year. Both players should be going late in drafts so there is great upside.

Thumbs up +1