Topic: Week 15 - QB

I'm a bit concerned about my QB playoff strategy. (PPR team in signature)

I've been holding onto Winston and Taylor for their playoff match-ups, but I might need to change it up.

Week 14 - If I didn't have a bye, I would've played Winston vs. NO - he only received 8.64 fantasy points in my league. Tyrod had almost double those fantasy points, but Rex Ryan isn't even committing to Taylor as the starter next week. If he does start and doesn't play well, an in-game benching could occur!

Week 15 - I would play Tyrod vs CLE....except now, I'm having doubts because of the reason above.  I could easily pick up a game manager like Alex Smith vs. TEN (who allowed Chicago 3rd string QB Matt Barkley to get 20-some points a few weeks back) OR Sam Bradford who just had a decent game against a stout JAX defense and faces Indy at home this week.

Week 16 - Winston @ NO.....8.64 in week 14...WTF?  Kaep @ LA? Siemian @ KC? Tyrod vs. Miami? I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

So, would you pick up Smith vs. TEN OR Bradford vs. IND OR stick it out with Tyrod vs. CLE in Week 15?

I appreciate the help!

Last edited by PerfectSlacker (2016-12-12 12:50:32)

#FEELTHEJOHNSON - Full PPR (9-4):
QB- Tyrod/Winston, RB- David Johnson, D. Lewis, Howard, Montgomery WR- Cooper, Evans, Sanders, Inman, Crowder, Mitchell TE- Fedora/Bennett
1 Gurley 1 Cup - SS Keeper (11-2):
QB- Carr/Rodgers RB- Bell, David Johnson, Gurley, Martin WR- Evans, Inman, Hopkins, Watkins, M. Thomas, TE- Walker/Eifert

Re: Week 15 - QB

I would stick it out... Tyron wasn't BUF problem they relied to heavily on big plays from Watkins and when he was out if they didn't get the big plays they tanked... Also Rex Ryan is probably the third worst coach in the NFL after fisher, and Bradley

Thumbs up +1

I convinced myself to stick it out with Tyrod, then I read this on NFL.com about Joe Flacco this morning:

Joe Flacco vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Flacco has averaged 18.1 fantasy points in seven games in Baltimore this season, while the Eagles have surrendered almost 22 fantasy points to opposing signal-callers on the road. What's more, just one home quarterback (Jay Cutler, Week 2) has scored fewer than 17.3 points against Philadelphia ... and Cutler was injured in the contest.

Those stats really get me thinking.....but I don't usually listen to NFL.com's "Starts of the Week" and usually follow my gut. My gut says Tyrod.

*Additional info - NFL.com uses that 18.1 average over seven games. However, in 2 of those games, Flacco had almost 700 yards and 7 TDs....against Miami and Cleveland.  Cleveland...who Tyrod is up against.  I'm sticking with Tyrod.

Last edited by PerfectSlacker (2016-12-15 11:48:12)

QB- Tyrod/Winston, RB- David Johnson, D. Lewis, Howard, Montgomery WR- Cooper, Evans, Sanders, Inman, Crowder, Mitchell TE- Fedora/Bennett
QB- Carr/Rodgers RB- Bell, David Johnson, Gurley, Martin WR- Evans, Inman, Hopkins, Watkins, M. Thomas, TE- Walker/Eifert

Tyrod.

Thumbs up +1

I'm going with Tyrod, but monitoring the weather situation. Sounds like Buffalo may be in for some snow. But Tyrod does most his damage on his feet, so the snow might benefit him.