Topic: Any unique ways to determine draft order?

So I run a 12 team ppr that has been going on for 12 years now.  We have 1 keeper, and it is for a first round pick if you decide to keep a player.  In the past we randomly chose the draft order by pulling names out of a hat.  This year, we did things a little different.

We pulled names out of a hat, and those people chose what draft spot they wanted based on what was open.  I was really interested to see how things shook out.  I expected those keeping a player (usually 6 to 7 do) would choose a pick as close to the end as possible, in order to make that keeper more valuable.  As the owner of Le'veon Bell, that was my strategy.  Unfortunately I picked 7th. 

But something slightly odd happened.  Some people guaranteed to keep players chose some high draft spots.  Ezykiel Elliot's owner chose 3rd with the first choice.  Antonio Brown's owner chose 5th with the second choice.  It worked out for me, I got 11th lol.

Does anyone have any interesting ways that they choose their draft order?

Thumbs up +1

Re: Any unique ways to determine draft order?

You can do literally anything.  Personally, I like the get to select your spot.  It allows you to choose and can fit different strategies better.
A couple things I've seen done before - March madness pool or NFL draft - do your own mock draft and whoever gets most correct.

Thumbs up +1

During the lockout, we all guessed what date it would end, and then we got to each pick our position in order of who guessed the closest. Honestly, it was a shitshow with no one knowing what the hell was going on.

http://fftoolbox.scout.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

Thumbs up

I've not done this, but I like the concept.  Everybody order pizza/food from different shops at the same time to be delivered to the draft.  The draft order is the order in which the delivery drivers arrive.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
– Benjamin Franklin

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

nothing I can say will top Kev's Idea... but I will say in the past we have:
assigned everyone a horse at a specific race.
rolled dice lowest to highest.
Drink from a pint for 1second and then line up the glasses whoever drank the most goes first and the least last.
used mariocart.
used DDR (dance dance revolution) score
and how many hot wings can you eat.

#FantasyFootballLivesMatter

Thumbs up

Love some of these ideas... here are a few we have used in the past.

Chandelier - a great drinking game that combines flip cup and ping pong balls. Each person eliminated takes the spot where they are taken out so you can strategize for which spot you want.

Around the World - ping pong game of elimination. First eliminated gets 12th spot and so on.

Anything that involves betting is always fun.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

These are some great ideas.  Loved Kevin's food delivery idea lol.

Thumbs up

this year, i ordered 12 rubber ducks online for like 5-8 bucks and we each picked a duck and wrote on it, then we dumped them into a stream from a bucket, and had a rubber duck race. The order they finished determined the draft order

Thumbs up