Topic: How soon is too soon for Russel?

I just took Russel wilson in the middle of the 4th round in a 12 team standard league. Mistake?

Thumbs up

Re: How soon is too soon for Russel?

It's a little early for my taste, I don't like to look at qbs inside the first 5 rounds (assuming you can only play one).  But I wouldn't sweat it too much, one misstep in a draft doesn't tank the season just yet

The Walrus has spoken!

Thumbs up

Number 1 overall pick, 1PPR league. Brown or Gurley? And who do you target on the 2nd round?

Last edited by saara (2017-08-12 13:32:37)

Thumbs up

Slickuse wrote:

I just took Russel wilson in the middle of the 4th round in a 12 team standard league. Mistake?

Personally, yes it's a mistake. Unless Rogers, Brady or Brees fall to the 3rd or the 4th I wouldn't touch anyone else until late 6 or early 7. Additionally, I'm not a big believer in Wilson but that's just a personal preference. I'm sure he will be just fine.

QB:
RB: D. Freeman(keeper)
WR: O. Beckham(keeper)
TE: ; K: ; D: ; CURRENTLY: 0-0

Thumbs up

saara wrote:

Number 1 overall pick, 1PPR league. Brown or Gurley? And who do you target on the 2nd round?

Must be a keeper???? With the #1 Pick you should be looking at David Johnson or Le'Veon Bell. If it is a keeper league and a bunch of guys are already off the board you'd have to look who your other keepers are. Brown will be a stud WR but I like RB's in the 1st round unless you are already set there.

QB:
RB: D. Freeman(keeper)
WR: O. Beckham(keeper)
TE: ; K: ; D: ; CURRENTLY: 0-0

Thumbs up

Slickuse wrote:

I run standard deviation by the scoring rules of every league I'm in and in an ESPN standard Russell comes in at 41st overall. I still wouldn't take him there, because I could see Mariotta or Cousins putting up similar numbers five rounds later. I would draft Rodgers or Brady in the third, because they are both rated in the top 20.

10 Team QB D. Brees J Hill, F Gore, D Martin, A Foster, M Jones, R Hillman, D Johnson WR J Jones, M Evans, D Adams, J Brown TE C Clay
12 Team QB C Newton RB A Peterson, M Ingram, M Gordon, D Johnson, M Jones, K Davis, B Allen WR L Fitzgerald, R Cobb, M Bryant, L Hankerson TE J Graham, E Ebron

Thumbs up

I feel like you could get Wilson in the 6th.

What QBs went ahead of him?

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Sigh...I did the same thing. The top 4 QB's were gone and I was afraid there was going to be a run on them. So I skipped my opportunity to pick up Woodheadcock and instead went with Wilson. Then nobody picked a QB for the next few rounds. Someone got Philip Rivers in the 9th. I'd have been happy with that.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

In a 12 team league, I try to wait a little longer.

My 16 team league, I draft QB earlier than in smaller leagues.  There aren't 16 QBs I would want to start week to week and the WW is bare.

One other thing to consider is your strengths as an owner.  I will reach on QBs or TEs on occasion because I believe I can find talent later in the draft and on the WW during the season.  It is nice to lock down those 2 spots and focus on RB/WRs rest of the draft.  FYI, this does not work in TFFG leagues regarding RBs - most on here love their RBs.  big_smile

My Kevin Free League Team 2016 (6-7)

Toggle SpoilerSpoiler12 Team PPR 1/2 Point Per Rush - III Dog Dare
QB Roethlisberger Cousins RB Gurley Charles Forte Langford Ajayi Washington- OAK WR Marshall Hurns DJax Perriman MThomas TE Witten
1QB 2RB 2WR 2RB/WR 1TE DST K

Thumbs up