Topic: 10th out of 12 Standard Scoring Draft Strategy

It comes up every year, so why not this year? Okay, so I'm 10th out of 12 in my money league. This is a league that traditionally starts out with RB's but quickly switches to WR's. Chances are the first several will be RB's, WR's, and one QB before it gets to me. It's a snake draft.

What would your personal strategy be going into this given that I'll get picks 10 and then 15?

I have a hard time not going with an RB. But given how late it is and knowing that others will be switching to the WR's, I'm tempted to nab the best WR I can at 10 and then grab RB's for the next 2 rounds, then back to WR. I just don't know. Even when I have a strategy I usually screw the pooch and do something desperate.

Last edited by The Reverend MojoX (2017-08-05 12:16:14)

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

Re: 10th out of 12 Standard Scoring Draft Strategy

As always, it depends.  You have to be flexible and willing to change with the flow of the draft.  If you go in saying, "I'm going WR, RB, RB no matter what" or something like that you're being too rigid and you're setting yourself up for failure.

Last edited by senska11 (2017-08-05 14:17:04)

Thumbs up

I think if the draft goes as you predict until your pick at 10, go with WR and trust your knowledge of the league. Be prepared to switch it up if the first 9 picks dont go as planned.

Team (x-x)

Toggle SpoilerSpoiler12 Team PPR 1/2 Point Per Rush - III Dog Dare
QB xxx RB xxx WR xxx TE xxx
1QB 2RB 2WR 2RB/WR 1TE DST K

Thumbs up

senska11 wrote:

As always, it depends.  You have to be flexible and willing to change with the flow of the draft.  If you go in saying, "I'm going WR, RB, RB no matter what" or something like that you're being too rigid and you're setting yourself up for failure.

Yeah, I know. Just looking to see if others have thoughts. I always go in with a fluid strategy, then change my mind, then continually regret it.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

ESPN or Yahoo? Any weird bonuses for yardage?

My deviation in ESPN puts Howard, Ajayi, Gurley, Gordon, Fournette as 6-10 overall. Two of them.

10 Team QB D. Brees J Hill, F Gore, D Martin, A Foster, M Jones, R Hillman, D Johnson WR J Jones, M Evans, D Adams, J Brown TE C Clay
12 Team QB C Newton RB A Peterson, M Ingram, M Gordon, D Johnson, M Jones, K Davis, B Allen WR L Fitzgerald, R Cobb, M Bryant, L Hankerson TE J Graham, E Ebron

Thumbs up

we all know (as usual) @Senska11 is right However here are some general strategies I have used in the past drafting from the edges:

1. Focus on week to week Consistency. Players who have a better week to week score than season average... IE Amari Cooper avoid (boom or bust) M. Crabtree target (consistent)

2. Don't be afraid to reach for a player... if you like him and the ADP is close; go for him. chances are he's not gonna make almost 2 full rounds back to you

3. Tier Shopping - rank the players in your own personal tiers (or use Kevin & Lyle's) & pick the player left in the highest remaining tier...(for the first few rounds)

4. watch the Runs, and if your in early thats fine, but if you're near the end look somewhere else

5. Quantity compliments quality - if you dont get a top tier WR or RB fill your bench (6 or 7 total)

those are just my thoughts good luck!

#FantasyFootballLivesMatter

Thumbs up