Topic: Startup - Empire League - Looking for Owners

Greetings all,

Looking to start an Empire League with dedicated owners.  The Empire League format is similar to a Dynasty League, the major difference being that half of the annual dues paid by the owners goes into a separate Empire Pot that grows until someone wins the league two years in a row.  Once someone wins the Empire Pot the league concludes, and the owners can either scatter to the wind or reform a new Empire League.

An example of the fee structure, annual winner playouts and the growth of the Empire Pot based on $100 annual dues depicted below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/kbghuiqsdqrkdyi/Empire%20League%20-%20SP1.JPG?dl=0

FAQs:
What are the league details?

• hosted by NFL.com

• 10 teams

• QB, RB x2, WR x2, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, DST

• Bench x10

• IR x1

• .5PPR

• Playoffs weeks 14-16 for top six (6) teams.

• 10 keepers selected annually.

• Draft order each year reset to inverse of previous season standings (first place picks last, last place picks first, etc.) in sequence (not a snake draft).

• Both players and future draft picks are tradable.

• Weekly waivers processed in inverse order of weekly standings (first place picks last, last place picks first, etc.)

How do keepers work/affect draft picks?
Each team is eligible to pick 10 keepers annually.  Any team which chooses not to keep 10 players receives additional picks to fulfil their 19 person roster at the end of the draft.

How are funds collected and paid out each year?
Annual league dues would be collected via League Safe (unless another equally reputable service is preferred).  Payouts to the first, second and third place teams would be made annually, and the remaining balance representing the Empire Pot would be kept separately (as League Safe does not allow for a balance to be carried over to another year) the league Commissioners/Administrators in a separate account.  Once the League Safe is created for the subsequent year, the Empire Pot would be deposited for potential payout.  Rinse and repeat until the Empire Pot is awarded.

senska11 wrote:

Also an FYI - on LeagueSafe you can now use "rollover" and move money from year to year for Empire style leagues.

Assuming League Safe allows for carrying over a balance from year to year, this would be my preferred method.  The less handling of money, the better.

How would the league administration work?
Due to the nature of the carry-over balance of the Empire Pot from year to year, having multiple Commissioners/administrators is preferable.  These could be elected positions voted on each year from a pool of the participating owners, along with any other proposed rule changes.  Both/all league Commissioners/administrators would have access to League Safe and the Empire Pot account for custodial and payout purposes.

What happens if an owner leaves the league?
Any owner choosing to leave the Empire League forfeits any and all claims against the Empire Pot, in whole or in part.  Any vacancies would be filled by league members on a referral basis.  If a departing owner has already paid their dues for an upcoming season, they may sell their team to another individual.  In the case of the death of an active owner, that owners team may be bequeathed to another individual to assume ownership of the deceased owner's team.  In all cases, the new owner is responsible for any unpaid and future dues for the upcoming season(s) not already paid by the previous owner.

How are rule changes proposed/enacted?
Any owner may propose a rule change prior to the draft.  Rule changes are voted on prior to draft start, and would take affect the following season.

Interested?  Hit me up.  I will be happy to discuss it with you in this topic on the forum, via PM, or PM me for my Skype or phone number if you prefer chat or text.  Right now we have about five (5) out of the ten (10) we need to start the league.  Look forward to hearing feedback/suggestions and from interested parties alike.

Thumbs up +1

Re: Startup - Empire League - Looking for Owners

Yes! I LOVE this idea!! But unfortunately I can't join. But I can vouch for Joos! He's been in my leagues for years and he's great! I encourage you to join his league.

I'm interested. I can vouch for Joos too... been in many leagues with him.

"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... And I'm all out of bubblegum."

RIP Roddy

Thumbs up

What kind of scoring system? I might've missed it but I do not see it mentioned.

Also, how will draft day be chosen or when is it if already set? Will draft just be online? I'm interested as long as I am able to draft my team in the startup.

Thumbs up

Definitely interested.  Where are you playing? 
Any way to go Superflex?  And/or get rid of Kickers? 

Also an FYI - on LeagueSafe you can now use "rollover" and move money from year to year for Empire style leagues.

Thumbs up

Interesting...PPR?

This years money league team ppr bonuses for big yard totals 12 team in drafted order (I drafted 3rd) 1QB 2WR 1RB 2Flex TE
Lev Bell, Cooper, Hyde, Hill, Mixon, Martin, Marshall, Luck, Carr, McFadden, Thielen, Cory Davis, Julius Thomas, Oak, McManus

Thumbs up

I updated the original post to address questions posted thus far.  Addition questions addressed below, as well.

luribe9 wrote:

What kind of scoring system? I might've missed it but I do not see it mentioned...

Scoring will be .5PPR.  QB touchdowns 6 points.

luribe9 wrote:

...Also, how will draft day be chosen or when is it if already set? Will draft just be online? I'm interested as long as I am able to draft my team in the startup.

Draft will ideally be after last preseason game.  Online draft date and time will be determined after league is filled to accommodate all owners. 

senska11 wrote:

Definitely interested.  Where are you playing?

NFL.com

senska11 wrote:

Any way to go Superflex?  And/or get rid of Kickers?

Everyone else has agreed to the roster as described above.  That being said, changes to the league can be raised annually and voted on by all owners.

tdub77 wrote:

...PPR?

.5PPR

Apologies for slow response due to funeral today.  Still looking for interested parties to jump in.  Please post here to sign up, or send me a PM and I would be happy to discuss via Skype or text.  Who's in?

Thumbs up

Amen on the 6 pt passing TDs!

Anyway, I'm in.     luke_uribe@yahoo.com

You can PM me if you need additional info for invite, etc.

Thumbs up

luribe9 wrote:

...Anyway, I'm in...

Excellent.  Welcome aboard.

We are currently at 6/10 owners confirmed.  I will be setting up the NFL.com league and League Safe tonight, so invitations will be forthcoming.

Several others have expressed interest here but have not really stated for certain they are in, so I am not counting those in the current confirmed number of 6/10.  Please let me know if you want in for sure.  If you prefer not to post your email address here, please send it via PM.  Either is fine with me.

Thumbs up

im in

Thumbs up

bigboss190190 wrote:

im in

Post or PM me your email address for invites.

Thumbs up

Still have a couple spots if anyone is still interested.

Thumbs up

I sent you a pm. I'm in if there's another opening

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything...

Thumbs up

Hey Joos -- yeah, I'm still interested!

Sorry, haven't checked the TFFG forum in a while and missed the updates on the thread...

thanks!

"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... And I'm all out of bubblegum."

RIP Roddy

Thumbs up

dbschoo wrote:

Hey Joos -- yeah, I'm still interested!

Thanks for responding, dbschoo. Invites to NFL.com league and LeagueSafe have been sent.

For the rest, we are waiting to hear final decisions from a couple fellas and them we will be opening it up to the alternates.  Please keep posting interest and I will reach out to you.

Thumbs up