Topic: Last round picks

Who are some of you targeting as your last round lottery ticket? .

I grabbed Josh Gordon in both my first 2 drafts(ppr) , he can apply for reinstatement in a few weeks. Figure he's a drop unless the news is really positive.

Was looking for ideas for my next 2 drafts 1/2 ppr and standard

Last edited by Balzac (2017-09-01 20:28:52)

Thumbs up

Re: Last round picks

QB Pat Mahomes
RB Wendell Smallwood
WR Dede Westbrook

(12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 keeper) QB - Wilson, Cutler
RB - Howard (K-9th), Cook, Hunt, Martin, C Thompson, D Lewis, Bernard, C West
WR - A Brown, Parker, Decker, Ginn, Lockett, M Williams (IR)
TE - Graham K - Tavecchio DST - Steelers

Thumbs up

I think Corey Grant in Jacksonville looks amazing right now. Fournette could have lingering foot issues. Grant is electric they need to get him more involved.

Chris Carson from Seattle

The 3 RBs in front of him missed a total of 28 games last year. Carson ran awesome in the preseason and could be a big contributor when the injuries come.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Not sure why in redraft you'd take a guy who's suspended and hasn't played football in over a year or a QB who isn't even starting for his own team regardless of round.  Complete waste of picks there.

Thumbs up

senska11 wrote:

Not sure why in redraft you'd take a guy who's suspended and hasn't played football in over a year or a QB who isn't even starting for his own team regardless of round.  Complete waste of picks there.

Its a 17th round pick. I always take a lottery pick. I made my case as to why. Better question, why bother replying in this thread?

Thumbs up

senska11 wrote:

Dude is a top 10 (maybe top 5) talent when on the field. Definitely a risk worth taking in the kicker rounds!

Thumbs up

drewseabass wrote:
senska11 wrote:

Dude is a top 10 (maybe top 5) talent when on the field. Definitely a risk worth taking in the kicker rounds!

He hasn't played since 2014.  That last time he was on the field he was f-ing terrible.  Why not take a risk on someone who could actually play?  100% waste of a pick.

Thumbs up

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/9/4/ … rdon-rumor

I'll take the possibility of Gordon over anyone currently on the waiver wire... Otherwise it's a drop in 3 weeks. 

Again, not sure why you bother posting in this thread. You added no ideas, just dismissive of others.

What other last rounders are you guys targeting?

Thumbs up

Balzac wrote:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/9/4/ … rdon-rumor

I'll take the possibility of Gordon over anyone currently on the waiver wire... Otherwise it's a drop in 3 weeks. 

Again, not sure why you bother posting in this thread. You added no ideas, just dismissive of others.

What other last rounders are you guys targeting?

Oh yeah, a hometown website with zero credibility.  Real good source there.  Once again, the guy hasn't played since 2014.  He was horrible then.  He hasn't been with the team in years.  The "source" of this entire speculation is Gordon's own agent - who hopes for late September.  So if you want to roster a guy when his own agent hopes at best, to be reinstated multiple weeks into the season to a team he hasn't been with for multiple years and his last showing was terrible, I guess more power to you. Any logical person will tell you you're an idiot and it's a waste of a roster spot.  Might as well roster Justin Blackmon.

As for late flyers - the last round is reserved for a kicker if you have one.  If you take a kicker prior to the last round, please join every money league I'm in because you have no idea what you're doing. 
Here are a bunch of guys, all taken within the last 3 rounds of Lyle's free league (17 rounds, 12 teams) last night (3 rounds because there were multiple idiots took kickers and defenses as early as round 11):
Ardarius Stewart
Phillip Dorsett
John Ross
Kenny Stills
Brandon LaFell
J.J. Nelson
Kendall Wright
Danny Amendola
Jonathan Williams
Matt Brieda
A few TE's and QB's. 

Every single one of those guys, and dozens more, are many times better late round picks than Josh Gordon.

Thumbs up

Deangelo Henderson

Thumbs up

Kyle Juszcyk.  He'll outscore Gordon this year.

Hell, any skill position player that will see the field week 1 is a better late round roster stash than Josh Gordon, even if he is miraculously cleared to play in the next 4 days.

Thumbs up

Been playing for more than 20 yrs. A lottery pick in the last round is someone you know no one else will likely take, who yous rather take a shot on vs the waiver fodder you mentioned. I just pick a kicker into the second to last and the defense a round earlier. Most of the time the lottery pick doesn't pan out... Much like most 15th round picks. Even then, I end up with one of the guys you mentioned via waivers... So I'd still be fine to take the money in your leagues.

Thumbs up

Senska - with all due respect, and speaking logically, people are allowed to disagree with your reasoning without actually being idiots. None of us have crystal balls. And I mean the Gypsy Soothsayer kind...not sure about the nature of Kevin and Lyle's crystal balls, but that's a topic for a different thread!

Thumbs up

I'll add to this the fact that Gordon burned me last year. I wasted a mid round pick on him. Taught me to be hesitant to waste precious draft capital. But a 14th+ rounder? Absolutely. That's not precious draft capital. That's pretty much a roster churn spot, and I believe you can stash him on IR while you wait to see how it turns out. Since you don't actually have to waste a roster spot, it's actually a shark move to add him, 14th round or off of waivers. He's been drafted late in all three of my leagues, if that tells you anything. Not by me, either.

Thumbs up

How's that Josh Gordon pick working out for you guys?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  100% waste of a pick regardless of where you took him.

Thumbs up

My last-round pick was always a kicker, but usually my lottery pick was Deshone Kizer. I wanted to take Jake Butt in more leagues but I didn't have the roster space for a guy who won't play until October or so.