Topic: League debate

Need some thoughts on a debate.

I'm arguing to my league mates that the most valuable positions in order are RB, WR, TE and QB according to the Magic Formula, for last 3 years.

They disagree and note that more QBs are in the top 20 than any other position.

How are RBs and WRs more valuable then QBs? Does this get into the scarcity of high scoring RBs or WR? And what about the fact that we have to hold and play multiple RBs and WRs?

Besides Rogers and Brady, most QBs weren't taken until after round 5-6. I got Russell Wilson in the 7th round this year for example.

Thumbs up

Re: League debate

It is a value based drafting thing IMHO.

Lets take a 10 team league with the following starting requirements 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE and 1 RB/WR Flex. 

So there can be:
10 starting QBs each week
30 starting RBs each week
30 starting WRs each week
10 starting TEs each week.

The best RB greatly outscores the worst starting RB, much more than with the QBs. 

There are many articles on the internet, with good examples.

Team (x-x)

Toggle SpoilerSpoiler12 Team PPR 1/2 Point Per Rush - III Dog Dare
QB xxx RB xxx WR xxx TE xxx
1QB 2RB 2WR 2RB/WR 1TE DST K

Thumbs up

Re: League debate

I would not waste your time debating this. Especially if you play against them. Why would you want to educate the people who are your competition to make them better fantasy football players by explaining the numbers to them? If the people I play against have poor drafting strategies because they don't properly value positions, then I have an advantage on draft day. But that's just my opinion.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.