Topic: Commissioner Question Regarding League Members Who Suck

I'm my league's manager and I'm dealing with some league members who are shitty people. 

Last week, the owner of the team I was playing against dumped their entire team on Sunday.  Kind of a long story, but the gist of it is that he was mad that a few of us showed up to a party, that he and his fiancé were at too, with a guy from our league who kind of drunkenly hit on his fiancé a few weeks before (he definitely did it.  so dumb).  The guy who hit on her feels real stupid and embarrassed, but he's a moron, so he needs to deal with that.  Unfortunately, the other guy with the fiancé felt so strongly about us even talking to this guy, that he wanted to get back at us by ruining the whole league's fun and dumping his team to waivers.

I changed his score to what I assume his lineup would have been, which means I lose, which sucks.  But I need to make sure his team doesn't make it to the playoffs, as I kicked him out of the league so that he can't drop everyone again, but should the next 3 people who play him in the regular season get to play his full team? 

By week 13 who knows what injuries and stuff might make his team worse than his week 11 team, and he won't be picking up any qbs, defenses and tight ends on waivers anymore, but he's been streaming those positions all season.  Does this make it fair? 

Should everyone who plays against him now just get a free win?  Has anyone had to deal with something like this?  I guess I could start playing his team like he would have played it and pick up people on the waivers and if his somehow ends in the money, give people their money back or add the winning to next year's pot.

Thumbs up

Re: Commissioner Question Regarding League Members Who Suck

Easy solution:
1.  You did the right thing by booting the douche. 
2.  Put everyone back on his team.  You should be able to do this with commish powers.
3.  Set his lineup based on projected points or rankings.  You should have this in your bylaws, but if you don't, make a decision and go with it.  Don't take sheeznaz from people.
4.  No one who plays him gets a "free win".  If they beat his lineup that is set based on #3, so be it.  If they don't, too bad. 
5.  As for playoffs - if the guy makes it you have two options:
a.  Continue setting his roster throughout.  If he wins money you either put it towards next year or split it amongst playoff teams.
b.  You just don't put him in the playoffs and the first team that missed the playoffs gets the spot.

Whatever you do - make a decision, announce the plan to the rest of the league immediately.  That includes any playoff and payout implications.  Make it clear, don't take sheeznaz, and get it done.  Do it now, and I can't emphasize that enough.

As a side note - the guy is a gigantic baby.  If he's got a hot fiance, she's going to get hit on, that's life.  If he can't trust her with it, then he's got bigger issues.

Thumbs up

senska11 wrote:

Easy solution:
1.  You did the right thing by booting the douche. 
2.  Put everyone back on his team.  You should be able to do this with commish powers.
3.  Set his lineup based on projected points or rankings.  You should have this in your bylaws, but if you don't, make a decision and go with it.  Don't take sheeznaz from people.
4.  No one who plays him gets a "free win".  If they beat his lineup that is set based on #3, so be it.  If they don't, too bad. 
5.  As for playoffs - if the guy makes it you have two options:
a.  Continue setting his roster throughout.  If he wins money you either put it towards next year or split it amongst playoff teams.
b.  You just don't put him in the playoffs and the first team that missed the playoffs gets the spot.

Whatever you do - make a decision, announce the plan to the rest of the league immediately.  That includes any playoff and payout implications.  Make it clear, don't take sheeznaz, and get it done.  Do it now, and I can't emphasize that enough.

As a side note - the guy is a gigantic baby.  If he's got a hot fiance, she's going to get hit on, that's life.  If he can't trust her with it, then he's got bigger issues.

What he said.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
– Benjamin Franklin

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

Did exactly what you said.  Told everyone I'd set his lineup and if he makes it in the money in the playoffs (if he makes it), money is rolling over into next year's pot.

Thanks

Thumbs up