Topic: Keeper choices - is Cam worth keeping?

Since I’m out of playoff contention, I’m looking ahead for the future for my keeper list. It’s a 10-team PPR keeper league with a budget for re-signing players (up to 6 or 7) based on point performance for the season.

Here is my roster...I’ve marked my planned keepers in bold:

Cam Newton
Matt Stafford
Fournette
D. Henry
J. Howard
AP
Mike Evans
Jarvis Landry
Smith-Schuster**
Thielen
Sammy Watkins
Josh Gordon
Jack Doyle
Seahawks D

**can also keep for an extra $20 (huge discount from cost of other players)

I’m looking for some advice on if I’m thinking about keeping the right guys.

Thanks!

Just a dude trying to not suck

Thumbs up

Re: Keeper choices - is Cam worth keeping?

A little early for this, hopefully you don't have to decide until you draft.
You say you have a budget for re-signing players, I assume that means it's use it or lose it and doesn't carry over into other aspects like draft of FAAB?  If so, you probably have it correct, although I may want to try and figure out a way to keep JuJu.  If that means keeping JuJu and Sammy or Henry over Landry, might not be a terrible idea. 
Really need to know where everyone lands.  Watkins and Landry will both be free agents, maybe Murray is gone in Tennessee, and maybe Gordon blows up the next few weeks or maybe he smokes week again.  Lots to play out in the next 6-8 months.

Thumbs up +1

Thanks.

It doesn’t have to be decided yet, but if I’m considering who I want to trade away to try and upgrade then I am going to think about it now. Maybe there’s no move to be made. Just trying to see who is worth keeping as of now. I have racked up some good draft picks next year too so that way I’m poised to do well.

The budget carries over for future years as well as FAAB (draft is not included). Thanks for the insight.

Thumbs up

To answer the question in the subject line, I don't think Cam is worth keeping.  You're in a 10 team league so QB talent should be available in the draft next year (I assume you start only 1 QB).

How many WR can you start, including flex? You've got 4 marked and a maybe on JuJu Smith Schuster.  You have to keep Evan (obviously).  You said that keeper cost is based on point performance for the season, so Gordon should be cheap with only 5 weeks of production.   I like JuJu Smith Schuster, since he's cheap and Martavis Bryant could be moved.  If you keep those three plus Thielen that's four WR and you probably don't need more than that.

Agree with keeping Fournette and Howard as your RB.

Thumbs up

QB
WR/RB x4
TE
K
DEF

I can start up to 4 RB or WR

I’m tempted to keep Henry and pass on Landry, but depends on where he ends up. It’s a PPR but it’s tough having a player on your team with 8 for 50 stat lines against someone with a guy doing 5-8 for 85+. Landry is a high floor guy with a decent ceiling but Henry could be a guy I can hold fairly cheap until they decide that Murray is past his prime...

Thumbs up

Since you can only start 4 RB/WR combined, you're covered with Fournette, Howard, Evans, Thielen, and Gordon, with an extra left over to cover bye weeks.  If your going to keep a sixth RB/WR, then you should swing for the fences.  I would pass on Landry and take a gamble on Henry or Smith-Schuster.  Even Watkins would offer more upside, even though there are health issues.

Thumbs up

If I can make it work...Fournette, Howard, Evans, Thielen, Gordon, Henry AND Juju (I can keep an extra rookie for $20 if I have it).

BUT I just got an offer:

Wentz, 4th, and 5th round picks to me for Henry, 1st, and 3rd. I’d rather keep a WR/RB since those top performers are harder to draft than QB. Plus there’s no way of knowing if Wentz will be as effective spending more time in the pocket while he recovers from ACL.

Thumbs up