Topic: Needing help with seting up new keeper league

I have a 12 team league and wanting to start a keeper league. Ive read many topics and many help pages to start a keeper league. But wanting some solid input. Doing a 3 keeper and the rest is pretty much undecided. I want it to be competitive and fun. So any info on a good rule set sould be appreciated.

Thumbs up

Re: Needing help with seting up new keeper league

With only 3 keepers there is really only a single difference.  How are you wanting to handle keepers?

How long?  Can you keep guys forever or for a limited time?
What does it cost to keep a guy?  Can you keep 3 guys regardless, or do you want to keep guys based on performance or draft position (can work with auction or snake) and then does that escalate?

IMO, the best way to play is you keep 'X' amount of guys with no penalty for however long you want.  If you want penalties, I would suggest not being able to keep a pickup for a last round pick.  Set a round (say 10 of a 15 round draft) and no one is kept for anything less than that.  Any waiver wire pickup is kept for a 10th at worst.

Thumbs up

Re: Needing help with seting up new keeper league

I had planned on max 3 years and can keep any pick in any round 4 and down. The next year they move up 3 rounds. So it keeps it simple with 3 picks for 3 years and move up 3 rounds. Keeper is optional and the waiver pickup is hard to dexide. Cause some waiver pickups are after they see a hot hand. Or you get lucky with we tz or kamara.

Thumbs up