Topic: Raven's Season Over?

As far as I can see that loss to the Bengals is pretty much the end of our season.  I am not saying there isn't a long-shot hope, or that I am just whining after one loss... its that we're likely out of contention for the division and therefore need a wild-card which won't likely fall to a 9-7 team in the AFC... to optimistically look at our remaining schedule:

10 - W - Cleveland
11 - L -  Indy
12 - L - Pitt
13 - W - Green Bay
14 - W - Detroit
15 - W - Chicago
16 - L -  Pitt
17 - W - Oakland

5-3 with our current 4-4 record is a mediocre 9-7.

Thumbs up

Re: Raven's Season Over?

My feelings are the same. With the loss yesterday, which by the way was one of the worst games to watch as a Ravens fan since the Marchibroda years, was basically a nail in the coffin. The Ravens pretty much to go better than 5-3 to have a serious wild card consideration. They have to win one against Pitt, and they better beat the other teams, and that still makes them a 10-6 team.

Basically to insure a playoff berth, they gotta beat Indy. This season is not looking good at all. And if it wasn't for our defense, we might be a championship team.

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

Baltimore Mike wrote:

And if it wasn't for our defense, we might be a championship team.

That is still painful to hear after so many years of domination.  Is it too much to ask for a good defense and an above average offense?  For just a year or two?

Thumbs up

Well that kinda sealed it for me. The Ravens totally should have beat the Colts today, but they didn't. What the hell is up with them, they can't seem to get it together. One week the Defense is stellar, and then the next it's the offense, why can't they be great in the SAME week.

Only real chance now is to run the table, and I honestly don't see that happening at all.

"Rugby is great. The players don't wear helmets or padding; they just beat the living daylights out of each other and then go for a beer. I love that."
-Joe Theismann

I think it was red zone play calling combined with the wrong personel.  Three runs with McGahee from the 2...wrong guy, wrong plays.  Even though Rice is smaller, he gets lower and hits the hole in a more timely manner.  Also, line up with an option to throw to a TE would help.

"...Meanwhile, have another beer...what would we do without all these jerks anyway, besides, all our friends are here..."

Thumbs up

even another sneak with Flacco should have worked ... they were at the 6 inch line. And WHAT ... THE ... HELL was Ed reed thinking?

-Joe Theismann

I couldn't believe that last play by Reed...go down and let the guy with a cannon for an arm have a few shots...just one missed filed goal or one TD insted of 3 and we're talking a different outcome.

"...Meanwhile, have another beer...what would we do without all these jerks anyway, besides, all our friends are here..."

Thumbs up

There is a laundry list of complaints for this game.  I think Reed was trying to do what he does to win games... and I don't want him to change that because it didn't work this time.

Thumbs up

Totally agree with your statement faceturd, but there has to be a point where Ed says to himself "hmm this is not a good idea trying to lateral it to nobody"

Granted he makes more plays for the team then he does going against them, but I think Harbaugh should have put Webb back there. Most likely they would have punted to him and Webb would have ran straight forward and at worst only burn 5 sec off of the clock. You know when Ed's getting the ball he's going to try and make a play and run down the clock running from side line to side line, or do what he did.

-Joe Theismann

I confirm. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question. Here or in PM.

Thumbs up