Topic: Wentz or Goff

Drafting 5th in a 14 team PPR League, Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR/RB/TE . 6 PTS for QB TDs

I'm Keeping Melvin Gordon in the 4th

other Options

Keenan in 2nd

Wentz in 7th

Goff in 17th

Was leaning toward Goff, but after looking at it thinking or going with Keenan in the 2nd.  By the time the my pick gets back to me in the 2nd there will be nothing like Keenan left. 

Is value just too good not to keep Goff in 17th when he's going between 8-10 right now, or Wentz in 7th when he going 6-7 rounds or keep a skill player and just get a new comparable QB later?

Thumbs up

Re: Wentz or Goff

I agree with your instinct to keep Keenan Allen.  He's currently rated WR 7 and getting drafted at 2.06 in 14 team leagues (per FantasyFootballCalculator.com).  Your keepers would leave you with a legit RB1 (Gordon) and WR1 (Allen).  With any luck, you'll get a solid RB2 (maybe a Joe Mixon or Jay Ajayi) with your first round pick.  That sets you up nicely to win a 14 team league.

Wentz and Goff are nice QBs and represent good QB value (Goff especially).  However, keeping them does not provide your team with enough value because they are QBs in a start 1 QB league.  I'm pretty sure that the magic formula would point you away from keeping a QB.  Instead, you could wait to draft QB14 (currently Ben Roethlisberger) in round 8-10.

Thumbs up

Goff in the 17th is great value but I wouldn't give up a top WR for him. with 13 other teams, the top end of those skill positions will be slim pickins but that also means lots of QBs on the board.

Thumbs up

Keenan for me as well for the reasons already stated.

Good Luck,

BJB

Team (x-x)

Toggle SpoilerSpoiler12 Team PPR 1/2 Point Per Rush - III Dog Dare
QB xxx RB xxx WR xxx TE xxx
1QB 2RB 2WR 2RB/WR 1TE DST K

Thumbs up

Allen no question.  1 QB league there is no point in keeping a QB.

Thumbs up