Topic: Not Your Father's Root Beer

$11 for a sixer.  Yikes.

Any good?

I'm all up in your Twitters!!1!

"I don't play video games...that's cool...I get laid instead..." -Liz Loza
"It was a fine looking penis..." -MojoX

Thumbs up

Re: Not Your Father's Root Beer

This stuff will change your life.  I had to stop drinking it because I found myself drinking an entire 6-pack  before realizing I was completly smashed and thought I was drinking root beer.  You can not taste the alcohol

Thumbs up

Orton's-A-Hua wrote:

You can not taste the alcohol

Totally accurate. It's a tasty drink, if you like root beer. I did find, however, that at the end of the first one I was done because I rarely drink super sweet drinks. No idea what the calorie count is. But I felt like I was gettin' the diabeetus.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

Drexl wrote:

$11 for a sixer.  Yikes.

Any good?

Probably the most over-rated drink in the history of mankind. There are two types they serve at bars. The ~19% and the ~11%. The six pack is the lower %. You cant taste the alcohol, which I guess if youre 15 is important, but I like my beer to still taste like beer. This tastes like root beer. So yea, one is good. After that, Id get sick. For a novelty, it's worth a buy just to see what all the hype is about, but as an actual staple of your unbridled alcoholism, look elsewhere.

buy a pack of your favorite root beer, buy a bottle of everclear. Make the same thing.

Thumbs up

So, Just saying, I tried it and, it (I swear to god, I know people say this, but I swear). I tastes just like f*cking root beer.

Lyle wrote:

So, Just saying, I tried it and, it (I swear to god, I know people say this, but I swear). I tastes just like f*cking root beer.

Right? I just don't know if the buzz I get is from the alcohol, or because I'm becoming diabetic.

Nobility of Intent does not Offset Stupidity of Execution

I'm scared of this beer. I walk by it every week and quickly walk away. Not sure if I can pull the trigger when there are so many other tasty options around.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

Has anyone tried it as a root beer float?? I'm not big on sweet stuff, especially in my alcohol, but I'll enjoy a good. float every now and again.

QB  RB WR TE

Thumbs up

If you want a float, I would recommend a coffee stout and chocolate ice cream. That will keep your beverage from becoming overly sweet. Also works great as a milkshake.

It is a fair wind that blew men to the ale.

elliot23 wrote:

If you want a float, I would recommend a coffee stout and chocolate ice cream. That will keep your beverage from becoming overly sweet. Also works great as a milkshake.

Guess I'm going shopping tomorrow. Thanks!

QB  RB WR TE

Thumbs up

They did this at the Minnesota State Fair this year and yes, I most definitely did try it.  If you like rootbeer floats, you will like it.

firebirds wrote:

Has anyone tried it as a root beer float?? I'm not big on sweet stuff, especially in my alcohol, but I'll enjoy a good. float every now and again.

Thumbs up

firebirds wrote:

I have done, and it is good. That said, it isn't any better than a regular root beer float.  My wife loves this stuff, but mostly because it doesn't taste like beer.

Thumbs up

Anyone ever grab the 11%?bomber?

Merkin with a Mouth - Record:2-2
10 Team 0.5PPR 2RB 2WR Flex TE DST K
QB:Watson, RIVERS RB:Cook, Collins, Hyde, Jones, Drake, Clement WR:Hopkins, Hilton, Julio, Golladay TE:Burton DST:Chi, Car
K:Bailey

Thumbs up