Topic: Video Games

What year was your favorite madden?

Go Saints hope you guys have a better year!

Re: Video Games

Tecmo Bowl.

Oh. Wait.

What was the question, again?

Thumbs up

I love them all, more each year.  But the year that made the biggest difference was the first year that letters were added over receiver's head so you could choose who to pass to.  I think that was 95.  I still have it for my Sega Genesis.

“The key is not the will to win. Everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
– Bobby Knight

Twitter: @tffg and @kevinmoore_tffg

My fav was Madden 97. On defense there were two buttons: switch and dive/catch, if i remember correctly. It was so easy to get interceptions it was awesome. Offense was slightly more complicated. Madden 99 was also awesome. You could run outside all day with Terrell Davis and they introduced the juke that year, so it was way over powered. You would press the button and slide 5 yards to the side while not losing any forward speed. I probably ran for like 400 yards a game lol.

Thumbs up

I thinkn that they get better every year.  However the new settings where each system has different things in the game sucks.  Is such a bummer that the 360 doesnt have the race mode anymore.  I hope that they go back to how it was.

Thumbs up

I was invincible in Madden 98 with Detroit...Barry was amazing...

Actually, I liked 04 the most.  For me, just the right mix of action and strategy ( owners mode )...but it still gave you full control of gameplay.  I still use 2003 for my "Fantasy League" though.  I replaced each team with a different logo, uniform and, in some cases, city and then did a draft to mix things up.  IMO that year's release gave the best uniform options.   Geeky I know but it's fun to mess around with when I play my niece's and nephews

Last edited by Dolphbucs (2006-08-14 18:53:39)

" Don Shula, .... he can take his'un and beat your'un and then he can take your'un and beat his'un " - actual quote of Bum Phillips in the 1970's

Thumbs up

Madden 2001, outside handoff to Eddie George, ownage.

All hail the mighty Joe Gibbs

Fire Todd Collins

Thumbs up

'07 haven't even played it yet, 2 words for you though.   High Definition

“Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

- Merle Kessler

Thumbs up

I think it was Madden 92

Yeah the DOS graphics were basic, but it was fun to play...except I remember passing wasn't the easiest.

I played the KC Chiefs with Okoye and the other RB (forgot his name)...and the AI on defense had a flaw that a sweep play would fool all the defenders and so I ended the season undefeated and with stupidly outrageous stats, like:

Avg points per game: 80+

With 5 min qtrs: Avg time of posession: 5 mins total

Okoye and the other RB had over 2000 yds each.

From where I no longer have to remember the coversheets to the TPS reports.

Why?  Because the Bobs made me the boss.

Thumbs up

anyone play the PC game Football Pro by Sierra? That was a great game! You could design plays, owners mode and with add-ons from independent publishers you could see if your guy made it to the Hall of Fame.

Tecmo bowl also rocked.

As far as Madden, I really like 2004 the best.

Hank The Crank, PhD
Woodstock, CT
BigDaddyhub is a Skrull

Okay I don't remember what year of Madden this was, but it allowed you to use the mouse to pass. So you would click and the QB would launch the ball down the field. I think all I did was run Hail Marys and throw the ball deep. I want to say it was 93 or 94 but I'm not sure. It was a long time ago, I barely remember.

Thumbs up

yeah that sounds about right.  I remember the hail marys being easier to throw than the short routes.  That too must have reduced my TOP.

Sheesh....

"The Chiefs go 78 yards in 6 seconds...touchdown".

Thumbs up

Sweet! An archive of old madden games with screenshots!!

Moby Games Madden Series Archive

Thumbs up

Those bring back some memories.

I guess it was Madden II...sheesh

I had it on floppy disk...it's coming back to me now.

Thumbs up

Mutant League Football!!!

Go Muties! go Muties! go Muties!!!

"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... And I'm all out of bubblegum."

RIP Roddy

Thumbs up

Has anyone here ever played Tom Landry Football?? It was an amazing game around 1992 that came on a floppy disk. It was probably the most fun game I've ever played but I lost the disk like 5 years ago.

Fire Todd Collins

Thumbs up

Haha Madden looks so weird in this picture:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/john-madd … erId,8507/

Fire Todd Collins

Thumbs up

I can't stand Madden. I loved the ESPN 2k5 game.

Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.
-Chuck Noll, ex-Pittsburgh Steelers Coach

"Who is Joe Namath? This is a guy who, if he played in the league today, I'd probably just go hit him late and see what he did, just for the hell of it. Joe Namath can go to hell; he can kiss my ass." Greg Lloyd, after NBC commentator Joe Namath accused Lloyd of playing dirty (1991).

Thumbs up

ESPN games are junk.  Madden rules over any ESPN.

Thumbs up

rlongenbach wrote:

I think it was Madden 92

Yeah the DOS graphics were basic, but it was fun to play...except I remember passing wasn't the easiest.

I played the KC Chiefs with Okoye and the other RB (forgot his name)...and the AI on defense had a flaw that a sweep play would fool all the defenders and so I ended the season undefeated and with stupidly outrageous stats, like:

Avg points per game: 80+

With 5 min qtrs: Avg time of posession: 5 mins total

Okoye and the other RB had over 2000 yds each.

Barry word, freakin 2 year stud ;-)

Thumbs up

How do you ever pick another NFL game over Madden. You need to bounce off this post mah man.

Thumbs up

dbschoo wrote:

Mutant League Football!!!

Go Muties! go Muties! go Muties!!!

Just found out that Mutant League Football is coming back!

"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... And I'm all out of bubblegum."

RIP Roddy

Thumbs up