Topic: please help

This is our 1st year doing a keeper league. I am the commissioner and i do not want to set a negative precedent...  Can you pick up a player from the waiver wire to keep?
Sitting on the wire right now is Watkins (who would cost a 7th round), Chris Godwin (who would cost a 12 round) and Mike Williams (who would cost a 10 round).
The keeper Rules do not mention whether or not this can be done...

Could I drop a player now for one of these guys?
What is the standard practice in keeper leagues?
What kind of president does that set for the years to come?
If yes, who do you like best?

#FantasyFootballLivesMatter

Thumbs up

Re: please help

Rules vary on keepers, I would put key questions to a vote for league integrity.  A few things I would cover:
1 - How many
2 - How Long
3 - Cost (Draft Round or free?  Does a player cost the same every year or does it go up?  Say go up a round each year, limits time you can keep most)
4 - Free Agent / Waiver keepers (Allowed? If so what cost? Some do last round, some pick a round higher, some are free)

As far as this choice - I love Mike Williams for a 10th.

Team (8-5)

Toggle SpoilerSpoiler16 Team PPR
QB Brady RB Fournette Lindsay Ingram WR OBJ MJones Ginn MWilliams Godwin TE Doyle OJHoward
1QB 1RB 1WR 2RB/WR 1TE DST K

Thumbs up

My two cents would be that your players at the end of the season are the players you have to choose from for keepers next season. I do agree on putting it to a vote but thats just my 2 cents

Thumbs up +1

BillyJoeBob wrote:

Rules vary on keepers, I would put key questions to a vote for league integrity.  A few things I would cover:
1 - How many
2 - How Long
3 - Cost (Draft Round or free?  Does a player cost the same every year or does it go up?  Say go up a round each year, limits time you can keep most)
4 - Free Agent / Waiver keepers (Allowed? If so what cost? Some do last round, some pick a round higher, some are free)

As far as this choice - I love Mike Williams for a 10th.

thanks this helps a bit...
1. only 2 and they cannot be the same position
2. until they've been drafted in the first round, then they have to return to the draft pool
3. each keeper costs 1 round earlier than the previous draft.
4 if the player was not drafted in the previous year he will cost a 12th round

So I guess given the circumstance I have to consider the rosters locked...that hurts Mike Williams for a tenth would have really made my team this year...

#FantasyFootballLivesMatter

Thumbs up